Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Changes for 09 Models -Pix

Old 02-23-2009, 09:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Changes for 09 Models -Pix

Originally Posted by paulp575
According to the salesman that compared the console inside, he thinks the panels are the same.

Here's hoping
Cargo Net fits in my 07 JK!!!

Yep, went to the dealership last Saturday and compared the panels. Although the factory panel on my 07 is straight across on the bottom and the new panel curves downwards at both the left and right ends, it appears the Chrysler engineers decided to close the gap that exists in my stock 07 panel.

So on Sunday, I removed the stock panel and fit the 09 panel in it's place - FIT LIKE A CHARM!!!!

So while the panel I ordered does fit in my 07, I can not guarantee it will fit in yours, especially if you have an 08. The reason - check my updates on the center console tray!!!!

Oh, BTW, this panel is very easy to remove. Just insert a very small screwdriver into the top of the panel and exert a little pressure to pull the panel outward on the top. It just popped out!

Last edited by paulp575; 02-23-2009 at 09:46 AM. Reason: Added removal instructions
Old 02-23-2009, 09:44 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by highoctane
My '08 has some notches in the center console prob a few inches down on both sides. maybe that's what they are for. Mine is a very late build '08.
Center Console Tray/Bin - Latest Update

This is becoming very interesting. Here's what I have discovered:

My 07 Rubicon does not have any type of center console tray/bin. And the inside of my center console is completely void of any type of brackets or supports to hold such a tray/bin in place.

I went to the dealership last Saturday and looked at the 09 Sahara they had on the showroom floor. The center console tray/bin is totally different than the tray/bin I received! The 09 tray/bin has small pieces of plastic on all sides of the tray/bin and there are comparable small pieces of plastic on the inside of that 09 center console; aparently to interlock and better hold the tray/bin in place.

The tray/bin I received has small pieces of plastic, 8 of them, 2 pairs on the front and 2 pairs back side of the tray/bin.

So apparently there is a different tray/bin for each year, 2007, 2008, and 2009. And the insides of the center console are similarly different!

But all is not lost! I just replaced the bottom panel in the dash center stack with a cargo net (the panel that comes with the 09s). The plastic panel is exactly the correct thickness for placing some type of support inside my 07 console so I can use the tray/bin!!!!

Hope this clears up the confusion.
Old 02-23-2009, 04:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

so do the nets fit or do they not?
or do they fit some? i'm not going to shell out 50 bucks for one of these... espcially not if they aren't going to fit!
i guess i'll just look for a roll over or something.
Old 02-23-2009, 04:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bareass
so do the nets fit or do they not?
or do they fit some? i'm not going to shell out 50 bucks for one of these... espcially not if they aren't going to fit!
i guess i'll just look for a roll over or something.
The cargo net panel does fit in my 2007 Rubicon. It was very simple to remove the stock panel and install the new one - about 5 minutes time!

I do not know if it will fit in an 08 - considering the changes DC or Chrysler made in the center console.
Old 02-23-2009, 06:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default net part number

The part number for the comsole net is
5KT961DVAA. I got mine at justforjeeps.com, It costs $34.00.
I got mine in like 2 days,very good shipping.
Old 02-23-2009, 06:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

And yes iy does go in VERY easily. I put mine in my '08 in about 20 seconds.
It pops right in the same way that the old one was in. NO modifications needed on mine.
Old 02-23-2009, 06:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bpohio
The part number for the comsole net is
5KT961DVAA. I got mine at justforjeeps.com, It costs $34.00.
I got mine in like 2 days,very good shipping.
Unfortunately you got ripped off!!! I got mine from my local Jeep dealershjip for $28.

And please be careful when posting - the name of the product is Bezel. When you say "console net" you are mixing the name of two totally different parts into one item. The Bezel (more commonly referred to as a "cargo net") goes on the bottom of the center stack while the console tray/bin goes into the top of the center console - most likely for the 08s and 09s. It will not fit into the 07s without some type of support structure.
Old 02-23-2009, 07:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

Where's the pics... I see a photobucket removed box!!!!
Old 02-23-2009, 08:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 07_Rubi
mopartpartsamerica.com has the the storage box (inside of the center console) for about 40 bucks...all I see listed tho is for 07 model maybe it could be ordered for the 09 model?
Instead of getting more plastic I'm going to get the Tuffy security center console insert which comes with a tray 2....
Please provide a complete web address! No matter what I put in I got a page error load or not found!
Old 05-21-2009, 05:20 AM
JK Freak

Talking

Originally Posted by LarryJ
Where's the pics... I see a photobucket removed box!!!!
Pix are restored- I didn't realize they got skewed in my photobucket. And yes, both pieces work in '07's and '08's. I have had them in my '07 since July of last year.

Many late run '08's have the pegs inside to console to hold the tray- totally plug and play.

Here's another with a manual tranny:

The console tray was modified slightly since the first production run, with some tabs under the lip being added to help hold it in place (new version on the left).

Here is the "drop in bin" in the '09 brochure:

Quick Reply: Changes for 09 Models -Pix