Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Changes for 09 Models -Pix

Old 02-02-2009, 06:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by paulp575
Part number (price I paid in parenthesis) : 1MV39XXX-AB ($ 28.00)

5KT961DV-AA ($ 45.36)
Thank you!
Old 02-17-2009, 08:55 AM
JK Newbie

Can we get new Pics? the old ones don't seem to show. I can see the second post of the cargo net, but not the other changes....

Please repost pics!!!
Old 02-17-2009, 09:40 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default Re: Changes for 09 Models - Pix

Originally Posted by ratto99
Can we get new Pics? the old ones don't seem to show. I can see the second post of the cargo net, but not the other changes....

Please repost pics!!!
I did not post the original pics, but here's what they look like - haven't installed them yet - waiting for my mechanic friend to assist with the net install

You could always come over and see them in person I'm just down the road from you!

Center Stack Cargo Net:

Center Stack Cargo Net installed:

Console Tray:

Console Tray in place:

Old 02-17-2009, 10:49 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Dubya
LARGER SUN VISOR FOR BETTER COVERAGE
Something is up with this one. My 09 ones are the same as my 07 was. Every one on the lot is the old ones also. However, if you look in the 2009 catalog it shows a new visor that is similar to the ones every other previous Wrangler has with the bent end near the roll bar.
Old 02-17-2009, 12:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

I did not post the original pics, but here's what they look like - haven't installed them yet - waiting for my mechanic friend to assist with the net install

You could always come over and see them in person I'm just down the road from you!

Center Stack Cargo Net:

Could you post a pic of the back side of the cargo net piece? Does it install differently than the pre-09 version? Or is it just clips and plastic tabs?

Thanks!!
Old 02-17-2009, 03:54 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JK^2
Could you post a pic of the back side of the cargo net piece? Does it install differently than the pre-09 version? Or is it just clips and plastic tabs?

Thanks!!
WARNING!!!!!! Center console tray may not fit in pre-09 models!!!

After one hour of trying to get the center console tray to fit in my 07 Rubicon, I gave up. I'm not sure, but I think they may have changed the center console sometime between 2007 and 2009! I will try to get to the dealer soon to attempt to confirm if there was a change in the center console.

Haven't tried to install the cargo net so not sure if that will even fit!

Will post back after checking!
Old 02-18-2009, 09:47 AM
JK Enthusiast

WARNING UPDATE!!!!!!

The center console tray does NOT fit in my 07 Rubicon (and probably any other 07 or 08 model ). I placed a call to my friendly local dealership (yes there are some of those types still around!!!) and asked one of the salesmen to check the inside of an 09 sitting on the dealership floor. He was able to verify there are some notches on the inside of the console that allow the tray to fit and prevent it from falling down into the lower areas of the console!

My next step is to go to the dealership - probably this weekend - and take a picture or two of the inside of the console to see if I can make some sort of support for the tray.

More to follow!!!!
Old 02-18-2009, 10:37 AM
JK Enthusiast

WARNING UPDATE!!!!!!

The center console tray does NOT fit in my 07 Rubicon (and probably any other 07 or 08 model ). I placed a call to my friendly local dealership (yes there are some of those types still around!!!) and asked one of the salesmen to check the inside of an 09 sitting on the dealership floor. He was able to verify there are some notches on the inside of the console that allow the tray to fit and prevent it from falling down into the lower areas of the console!

My next step is to go to the dealership - probably this weekend - and take a picture or two of the inside of the console to see if I can make some sort of support for the tray.

More to follow!!!!
That sucks. Thanks for the update. Let us know what you find out about this and when you try out the cargo net.
Old 02-18-2009, 10:59 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JK^2
That sucks. Thanks for the update. Let us know what you find out about this and when you try out the cargo net.
According to the salesman that compared the console inside, he thinks the panels are the same.

Here's hoping
Old 02-18-2009, 06:51 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

WARNING UPDATE!!!!!!

More to follow!!!!
My '08 has some notches in the center console prob a few inches down on both sides. maybe that's what they are for. Mine is a very late build '08.

Quick Reply: Changes for 09 Models -Pix