Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Casparis Run 8-11-07

Old 08-13-2007, 05:08 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks like a lot of fun. Be sure to let me know when you want to go again. If only I didn't have to work.:angry: Stupid Job!

BTW: Are those broken studs on the ground?
QUOTE=atomicmecha;149964][/QUOTE]
Old 08-13-2007, 08:33 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by W3CSX
Looks like a lot of fun. Be sure to let me know when you want to go again. If only I didn't have to work.:angry: Stupid Job!

BTW: Are those broken studs on the ground?
QUOTE=atomicmecha;149964]
[/QUOTE]

heh, i know the feeling, my work is being a pain in my side right now as well.

And no, those arent broken studs, it was some sockets that didnt fit. Luckly, only the tire came off, and the rim got a little scratched up.
Old 08-14-2007, 03:25 AM
JK Enthusiast

Sounds like great excuse to justify getting bead locks.

It's not breakage. It's an upgrade opportunity.
Old 08-14-2007, 04:53 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by W3CSX
Sounds like great excuse to justify getting bead locks.

It's not breakage. It's an upgrade opportunity.
yup.

btw, i want to get up there again in a few weeks, but with a small group (3-4 people) to do some more mapping would you be interested?
Old 08-14-2007, 05:37 AM
JK Enthusiast

The Red Rock Wrangler is mine. I didn't pop the bead, but instead broke the side wall.

So, new 35s are on the way. (Why spend a few dollars to buy new 32 inch tire when you can spend ten times that for new 35s on new rims. It's a Jeep thing and you all understand.)

By the way, if you guys make it up to Casparis in a few weeks to do some mapping, I have the USGS quadrangle maps for the area if you want to borrow them.

Last edited by JacksJeep; 08-14-2007 at 06:03 AM.
Old 08-14-2007, 05:49 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by JacksJeep
So, new 35s are on the way. (Why spend a few dollars to buy new 32 inch tire when you can spend ten times that for new 35s on new rims. It's a Jeep thing and you all understand.)

By the way, if you guys make it up to Casparis in a few weeks to do some mapping, I have the USGS quadrangle maps for the area if you want to borrow them.
Heh, yeah, i understand with the tires. I wish i could get my 37's now, but oh well. The BB will look nice with the 32's on it now. I like how yours looked now that i've seen what the BB looks like in person on a set of stock wheels. So until my stock tires wear out, i'll probably stick to the BB and 32s.

And as for the maps, I already got a TOPO map of the area and the GPS program i use on my pda draws the paths on top of it. so one day, i might have all the trails around there mapped out. But thanks for the offer.
Old 08-14-2007, 04:41 PM
JK Freak

That looked great, I will make sure I get to the next meet. Wish I could have been there for this one.
Old 08-15-2007, 06:11 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by atomicmecha
yup.

btw, i want to get up there again in a few weeks, but with a small group (3-4 people) to do some more mapping would you be interested?
Yes I want to go! My schedule is full until after Labor Day. But if we can pick a Sunday in September. I'll go
Old 11-06-2007, 05:18 AM
JK Super Freak

Cool video finally done...

woo! finally got the video edited. got in one of them moods last night. hope everyone enjoys it. i finished it at 3am, so if it sucks, thats why (and cause i did it all in one night... )

http://video.google.com/googleplayer...33695682070961

btw... had to use the seach feature 'cause apparently this thread never got moved to the "Tails & Trails" section...

and is it me or does this site not suport embeding video files into it...
Old 11-06-2007, 05:28 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Damn, I orginally wanted to go, then backed out cuz of the drama around the hawkins holler thing...

Having seen the pics, I'm now kicking myself...

wait wait wait

That run is THIS upcoming weekend.
I am scheduled for work (I think)..

I'm confused.

Quick Reply: Casparis Run 8-11-07