Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

carbureted chevy 350 in my jk!

Old 08-05-2010, 06:55 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

soooooo big update but not good:( jeep was driving fine but the used heads i puchased (big mistake) crapped out on me:( the exhaust valve some how ended up in my cyclinder and the results are: shattered piston,hole in the head, broken and bent pushrods,twisted rod and the best for last, hole in cylinder wall the size of a gumball!!!!:(((( lets just say that i cryed, a lot haha but honestly no big deal since i have a friend with a cheap and reliable replacement soooo i guess thats a bump in the road! but shud have it up and goin within a week just gotta get the money but sorry about pics i got my phone replaced and it wont let me get on the internet sooo ill try soon:/
Old 08-05-2010, 07:07 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Wow, that sucks, hope to see it up soon.
Old 08-09-2010, 07:14 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thats one of the great things about running a SB Chevy motor. You could order a crate long block for what my Hemi heads alone would probably cost.

Good luck!

Last edited by Yankee; 08-09-2010 at 08:58 AM.
Old 08-14-2010, 11:09 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Yankee
Thats one of the great things about running a SB Chevy motor. You could order a crate long block for what my Hemi heads alone would probably cost.

Good luck!
yeah i sold my stock motor to dodge for a replacement for a customer (not gonna say the ridiculous price i sold it for!) and im using that money to buy a good reliable 350 from one of their employees ha wont have as much power as my motor did but still definitely better than the 3.8 haha and i just need something to drive until boot camp
Old 08-23-2010, 07:55 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by heepsta
it will be my daily but i live in florida so no emissions but im going in the marines in october so ill bring it where they base me
Semper Fi to you my compadre! Welcome aboard, Marines are always finding ways to make things work and most of the time with little or no resources. Right now myself and a few other leathernecks are making a 2011 Scion xB into an all wheel drive tactical ralleyish machine. Kai Hei Tai is our team, check us out on facebook.

Back on track, can't wait to see video of it up and running again!

Mike L.
GySgt USMC

Last edited by lamar95x4; 08-23-2010 at 08:00 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 08-24-2010, 01:42 PM
JK Newbie

Something you may wish to consider.

.edelbrock.com/automotive_new/mc/efi/pf_chevy.shtml[/url]

Nice Build. Subscribed.

Last edited by mkjeep; 08-24-2010 at 06:15 PM. Reason: no clicky
Old 09-20-2010, 04:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

dreamed of doing that but still not ready for it. maby in a few years or when the engine gives me trouble ... or my warranty ends.

realy nice keep posting.
Old 09-21-2010, 06:45 AM
JK Newbie

Nice Im glad to see this.
Old 10-18-2010, 03:11 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by lamar95x4
Semper Fi to you my compadre! Welcome aboard, Marines are always finding ways to make things work and most of the time with little or no resources. Right now myself and a few other leathernecks are making a 2011 Scion xB into an all wheel drive tactical ralleyish machine. Kai Hei Tai is our team, check us out on facebook.

Back on track, can't wait to see video of it up and running again!

Mike L.
GySgt USMC
OORAH! i ship this upcoming monday! after training i plan on droppin a built 383 in her, squeeze out 500 horsies then decide if i wanna go blower or twin turbo, ha but i wud put up a video or something but i dropped my blackberry in water twice sooo that ended the pics but i plan on running some military tires, gettin a coat of line-x on it which will incorporate the ega on the doors and the few the proud on the hood etc (once im a marine) but big plans for her in the next year!
Old 10-18-2010, 03:32 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Simply Awesome

Quick Reply: carbureted chevy 350 in my jk!