Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

carbureted chevy 350 in my jk!

Old 07-25-2010, 11:03 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

alright!!! about time someone did this....subscribing
Old 07-25-2010, 02:09 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I take it Florida has no smogs laws at all? Or is this offroad only?

And since Florida has no hills, no real reason to have EFI. Out here carbs suck most of the time due to them not working so well on inclines.

What gears are you running? Not having an overdrive mat kind of suck. Nice work so far though!
Old 07-26-2010, 05:14 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by cppower
Just curious...

Is this the end of the street for this JK?

I thought that there were rules for upgrading engines in newer vehicles.
Same or sister company, same year or newer engine?

Can you insure it? Or pass current emissions?
it will be my daily but i live in florida so no emissions but im going in the marines in october so ill bring it where they base me
Old 07-26-2010, 05:18 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by JKG8R
No emmissions or inspections in Florida. I drove my V8 TJ with 38's, no fenders and no tag on the back for a couple of years and never got pulled over. Pretty lax around here. I'm not sure where the OP drives but where I am there's pretty much just sand and mud and carbs do great in both of those. I am so glad someone is doing this so I can learn through their mistakes / pitfalls before I do mine. Besides the gauges, when you unplug the engine harness does everything else still work? (Lights, heater, etc...)
umm yeah about that haha everything did work until 2 days ago when some of my old retarded wiring behind the dash shorted so i just recently tore out the fuse box and wired all my headlights and crap :/ big pain but it was working just fine before the short and its been a month so i dont have much patience at the time haha but yeah all the a/c and radio and i even was using the stock fuel gauge on my fuel cell
Old 07-26-2010, 08:01 PM
JK Freak

I would do this (w/EFI) in a heartbeat of not for the smog laws. Carb is a biatch
Old 07-27-2010, 05:18 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

what a great build!!!!! I love it!!

honestly though you are going to need the PCM to run the air-conditioner unless you want to totally rebuild the A/C system in the jeep..

the JK does not use a simple Low pressure switch to cycle out the compressor.. it uses a temperature sensor in the evaporator box along with a pressure transducer on the liquid line.....

to just wire past it the compresser will run continuously, freeze up, liquid slug, and be destroyed....

-Christopher
Old 07-28-2010, 04:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

Flipping sweet Man!!!

If that carb ever gives you probs in the future you can easily switch it over to fuel injection so that when doing climbs your wont stall out!

I would rather a chevy 350 over a hemi anyday!!! 350's are like Jeeps they are Mr. Potato heads!
Old 07-28-2010, 05:52 PM
JK Newbie

Im glad to see someone finally do this
Old 07-29-2010, 11:24 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rich1340
It's about damn time someone did this. I love it. You really don't need OBD. it's a 350. one of these days when all of my crap stops working, that is goin to be the fix. well done. subscribed!
x2 I love this build. alot easier/cheaper to get power out of a 350 compared to a hemi.
Old 08-05-2010, 06:49 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by GoodysGotaCuda
Looks cool, but no way would I put a carb in my JK. Way too unstable off road. But easy enough to swap over
yeah sorry but not easy enough to swap over considering there are not mount kits available so i had to fab those and tranny mount and had to get a new radiator and mount that in and build the motor, rewire the whole jeep, etc... it would be if novak adapters or someone had came out with a conversion kit like the older jeeps :/ but it turned out fine after a month of solid work haha its my trophy

Quick Reply: carbureted chevy 350 in my jk!