Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

carbureted chevy 350 in my jk!

Old 07-24-2010, 05:35 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just curious...

Is this the end of the street for this JK?

I thought that there were rules for upgrading engines in newer vehicles.
Same or sister company, same year or newer engine?

Can you insure it? Or pass current emissions?
Old 07-25-2010, 02:27 AM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I don't think the State of Florida has inspections or emissions checks.
Old 07-25-2010, 04:26 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks cool, but no way would I put a carb in my JK. Way too unstable off road. But easy enough to swap over
Old 07-25-2010, 05:58 AM
JK Enthusiast

No emmissions or inspections in Florida. I drove my V8 TJ with 38's, no fenders and no tag on the back for a couple of years and never got pulled over. Pretty lax around here. I'm not sure where the OP drives but where I am there's pretty much just sand and mud and carbs do great in both of those. I am so glad someone is doing this so I can learn through their mistakes / pitfalls before I do mine. Besides the gauges, when you unplug the engine harness does everything else still work? (Lights, heater, etc...)
Old 07-25-2010, 06:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

Nice, keep the pictures coming.
Old 07-25-2010, 07:05 AM
HV
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by heepsta
im pretty sure this is under the extreme haha but for the past month ive been putting a cammed and .040 bored out chevy 350 with a rebuilt turbo 350 behind it in my jk! some of you might hate it but keep it to urself, and sorry about the lack of pics, i havent really been concentrating on that and its up and running its just i recently shorted something out from past retarded wiring so all my electrical crapped out and my headlights wont turn off but im workin with my dodge technician friend on that but ask questions if you want ill get pics later of the interior with the gauges and fuel cell and crap later when its completely done...

like i said ill take more pics in the next couple days and maybe a tire roasting video haha but ask questions if you want, lots of blood sweat and tears went into this! lol
Old 07-25-2010, 09:54 AM
JK Enthusiast

:r ock:

I love it...you just made a JK a doomsday device.
Old 07-25-2010, 10:01 AM
JK Enthusiast

love it more people are putting chevys engines on jk the 3.8 is not bad but we need but we need more power is bad ass more people are finding more way to pwer up the jk
Old 07-25-2010, 10:24 AM
JK Enthusiast

Well it will be a real sand dune machine when it's done! I think if I was going to do what your under taking is go with a aluminum block and heads try to cut down all the weight you can. My choice of trans would have been the 400 instead of the 350 but thats still cool. Also I would have stayed with the fuel injection but I understand where your coming from on making it simple and easy to trouble shoot problems. Down fall will be is that it will lose a lot of resale value and could be hard to sell if that ever came up. Hope you get your problems worked out and tell us how it handles.
Old 07-25-2010, 10:51 AM
JK Super Freak

Did you rattle can you jeep black?
Looks cool

Quick Reply: carbureted chevy 350 in my jk!