Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Can you hear me NOW!!!

Old 08-22-2009, 11:58 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can you hear me NOW!!!

I drive into D.C. everyday for work and those damn nickel chasing cabbies drive like they:

a) don't have a clue that there is other traffic on the road

b) will make a turn right in front of you without thinking, forcing you to get on the brakes and horn.

This is where the horn part comes in. We all know that the stock Jeep horn leaves a bit to be desired as an attention getter. I got tired of this, so I went and got a set of FIAMM, Triple Trumpet Riviera horns. They put out a simple 115db's, not the loudest horns around but enough that it should get thier attention.

Just put them in and they are LOUD!!

Guess I'll try them out when I go to work tonight, since I'm sure there will be at least one idiot on the road.

Well I changed the way the horns are mounted, sideways now as opposed to straight down. Fit better behind grill, plus painted them black so they are less noticable as well
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	FIAMM Comp.jpg
Views:	785
Size:	82.7 KB
ID:	28978   Click image for larger version

Name:	Triple Riviera.jpg
Views:	672
Size:	96.8 KB
ID:	28979   Click image for larger version

Name:	Trumpets.jpg
Views:	610
Size:	89.1 KB
ID:	28980   Click image for larger version

Name:	done.jpg
Views:	579
Size:	90.3 KB
ID:	28981   Click image for larger version

Name:	Can u hear me now.jpg
Views:	728
Size:	97.4 KB
ID:	28982  

Last edited by jeepnpr; 08-28-2009 at 02:34 PM.
Old 08-22-2009, 12:52 PM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

when you hit the bridge get on 'em and give them hell!!!!
Old 08-22-2009, 10:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

Well I was right, on my way to work one of D.C.'s local nickel chasers was on my left as we're going up 14th St. Suddenly he speeds up and pulls right in front of me to pick up a lady at the curb. He thinks he's got a good shot when I just laid on the horn, the lady jumps back and covers her head with her hands as if something is going to hit her. The cab driver crouches in his seat as if expecting to get nailed from behind then hits the gas and takes off. He pulls over to the curb and as I drive by I look at him and he just holds up his hands and says "sorry sorry"
It was GREAT!!!
Old 08-22-2009, 10:24 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

L.A.'s just as bad, I live right between LAX and downtown... cabbies suck.
Old 08-22-2009, 10:42 PM
JK Freak

with u would have had video of that. thankfully we don't have cabswhere we live ahhh
Old 08-22-2009, 10:54 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I worked in D.C right after graduating college......and the cabs drove me mad for the same reason. Here's my $0.02

Get a Warn winch mount and a big-assed winch (I went with the Warn 8000). Even though it's totally practical, it doesn't matter if never wheel, save for the urban jungle. Even a non-english speaking D.C retard cabbie doesnt want to get rammed with 250+lbs metal securely bolted to the front frame of your Jeep. I get very few Yahoos wanting to cut me off since adding the winch. Even the New York tourists usually yield to the threat of the winch. (And we get a LOT of those where I live here in Williamsburg, Va.)......
Old 08-23-2009, 12:59 AM
JK Enthusiast

oh believe me guys a Shrokrock bumper & Warn powerplant winch are in the plans for addition. That along with lift and 35's just to make the JK look bigger and tougher than thier recycled Crown Vic's. Heck, maybe even throw on some big ol' fog lamps so they can see the error of thier ways.
As the old bumper sticker used to say:
If you can't stop in time...
Smile as you go under.
Old 08-23-2009, 02:24 AM
JK Enthusiast

When I still had my bike it was like that. I don't meen to sound sexist but in two days I had two women try to wipe me out. I had already had a few try over a two year period of time so I had replaced the bike horn with an 80s model chevy horn. After that two day experience I just said screw it and sold the bike. I now have a 4 door, 4wheel drive, stereo jammin bike and the whole family fits. Whole lot better off road than a Vulcan to.
Old 08-23-2009, 03:43 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

haha, love the horn.... but you guys have not seen bad driving until you head over to the middle east, what you need here is a battering ram...... with a horn attached
Old 08-23-2009, 11:22 AM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Schantin
I worked in D.C right after graduating college......and the cabs drove me mad for the same reason. Here's my $0.02

Get a Warn winch mount and a big-assed winch (I went with the Warn 8000). Even though it's totally practical, it doesn't matter if never wheel, save for the urban jungle. Even a non-english speaking D.C retard cabbie doesnt want to get rammed with 250+lbs metal securely bolted to the front frame of your Jeep. I get very few Yahoos wanting to cut me off since adding the winch. Even the New York tourists usually yield to the threat of the winch. (And we get a LOT of those where I live here in Williamsburg, Va.)......
I live right outside Williamsburg and I've gotta agree, for the sized town Williamsburg gets the Worst tourist drivers I've ever seen or heard of.....

Quick Reply: Can you hear me NOW!!!