Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Calling all RC Lifters

Old 06-06-2013, 05:05 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Calling all RC Lifters

RC lifters, which would you recommend? The entry level 2.5" BB, or the next step up which maintains factory shocks? BB's are you satisfied with what you have and does it maintain the 2.5 inches?
Old 06-06-2013, 06:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have the BB Series II kit. It's perfect for me. I don't do serious off-roading, I just needed a way to slap some 35's on there. Overall I'm happy with how it rides, and looks. However I'm not a fan of shock extensions, so I'm planning on getting some Bilstein 5100's soon. Noticed you're from Mobile too, small world.

Last edited by NLangan; 06-06-2013 at 06:06 PM.
Old 06-06-2013, 08:14 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by NLangan
I have the BB Series II kit. It's perfect for me. I don't do serious off-roading, I just needed a way to slap some 35's on there. Overall I'm happy with how it rides, and looks. However I'm not a fan of shock extensions, so I'm planning on getting some Bilstein 5100's soon. Noticed you're from Mobile too, small world.
I'm just doing it for the looks. I won't be doing much crazy offroading. Small world. Any good trails you been on around here?
Old 06-07-2013, 06:47 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Crimsoncole
I'm just doing it for the looks. I won't be doing much crazy offroading. Small world. Any good trails you been on around here?
If it's all for looks, I'd still go ahead and get the Series II kit since it comes with sway bar links, and it doesn't cost much more. For better advice, I'd post this in the " Modified JK Tech" forum. I'm not 16 till August, so I haven't done much exploring. Here's a thread where they talked about some local spots, kinda old though:

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/sout...ile-al-135547/

If you want some people to wheel with, or know some places to go GulfCoastJeeper would probably be the one to talk to, here's his profile:

View Profile: GulfCoastJeeper - JK-Forum.com - The Ultimate Jeep JK Wrangler Bulletin Board

Quick Reply: Calling all RC Lifters