Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Cage plans

Old 08-30-2011, 06:14 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cage plans

Anybody have specs on tubes for a true front cage and mods to the rear. No fab guys around here and I'm thinking about putting in a real cage since my 2 year old buddy is wheelin' now too. Any my wife...

Or anybody cut and ship, so I can weld her in?

Thanks!
Old 08-30-2011, 07:17 PM
JK Freak

GenRight is supposed to be coming out with a kit next month. I'm in the same boat as you my 2 1/2 yo. and wife ride with me also so I'm looking to upgrade as well.
Old 09-29-2011, 07:11 PM
JK Newbie

I've been stumped by this on two JK's now. I just checked Gen-right's site and no solution yet.
I've talked to a couple folks about doing a real cage in a JK and it is frustrating how expensive they are.

If I could figure out how to remove the dash I could figure it out and have a kit ready, I am in Dallas, and have a shop ready to mass produce, if I get them measurements. SO if anyone can offer help on the dash I will get to work.
Old 09-29-2011, 09:40 PM
JK Newbie

There's at least 2 kits out there for DIY jk kits.
Old 09-29-2011, 09:55 PM
JK Enthusiast

I believe genright i currently working on it right now. I was at their shop a couple of weeks ago and they were doing a lot of work on their jk in order to get ready for the offroad expo in pomona this weekend.
Old 09-30-2011, 02:57 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The DIY bolt-in cages from Rock Hard or Or-Fab would save you a ton custom of fabrication time and $$$$ Is there a need for more protection than they offer ?
Old 09-30-2011, 12:42 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am interested in weld in kit as well for my 2 door. Not sure about the bolt-in solution.

Mike
Old 09-30-2011, 12:50 PM
JK Enthusiast

The bolt-in solutions are not quite as complete as the full weld-in. The weld-in style will actually tie into the frame whereas the bolt-ins just reinforce the stock cage which isn't all that strong. You can still have the bolt-in cage crush into the cabin if it's tie-ins aren't strong enough (stock cage mounting spots). The fully welded cage will be better off in a full roll when it comes to collapsing. Hope that makes sense.
Old 10-02-2011, 12:07 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by pettym
The bolt-in solutions are not quite as complete as the full weld-in. The weld-in style will actually tie into the frame whereas the bolt-ins just reinforce the stock cage which isn't all that strong. You can still have the bolt-in cage crush into the cabin if it's tie-ins aren't strong enough (stock cage mounting spots). The fully welded cage will be better off in a full roll when it comes to collapsing. Hope that makes sense.
after seeing two roll overs in person in one day i 100% agree with this
Old 10-02-2011, 06:58 PM
JK Newbie

What's the deal up front.. Finding a route for the tubes to the floor? Is there a crossmember to tie into?

Quick Reply: Cage plans