Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Buyers Remorse, post here if you got it!

Old 01-11-2011, 03:25 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TopDownRadioBlasting
Bought a Safari Bikini top used about 2 weeks ago off of a guy on this forum...haven't even taken it out of the box yet but I'm already regretting it.

I don't think I'll be using it that much, I thought I was going to be able to put the Safari top over my set of Safari Straps that I recently purchased and then the Soft top over all of that...oh well.

you still want it? i may be interested
Old 01-11-2011, 04:08 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by norcalJK
I just showed my wife this threa, as someone who doesn't own a jk yet, and said, "so basically I need to buy a rubicon and go straight for the evo system and 42s". She said keep dreaming. Great thread idea guys, especially for those of us who haven't started buying/modding yet.
great idea, now you can 'settle' for the 40's.
Old 01-11-2011, 05:49 AM
JK Freak

I learned after building my Ford show truck that you pay more for what you want in the beginning. If you don't and you try to go the cheap route, you still want what you wanted in the first place and will eventually buy it so now you'd paid for the cheap way and the way you originally wanted it. So....spend the moeny now and you'll save money later.
Try explaining that to your significant other!!
Old 01-11-2011, 06:00 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Mskh20
Seriously? Are you sure you got the correct product? I'm not calling you out...I'm just trying to find out more about your situation. I just installed one of these a few weeks ago in my '09 Rubi. It literally took me ten minutes including wrestling with the OEM bolts. Mine fits flawlessly and works like a dream. Very, very weird.
x3

One of the easiest/best mods I have gotten.

I love knowing my stuff is safe after I park when I am out and about with no top on.

Maybe you got a friday @ 5 one?

Only issue I would say is avoid the combo lock, it's hard to see the numbers after, stick with the key.
Old 01-11-2011, 06:04 AM
JK Enthusiast

Bestop Bikini Top

Looks great on paper, but not in real life... went back to 4wd before the week was over.

So wish Mopar would make one that worked with the 2010 softop rails. (The other one sends water inside as it tucks behind the doors)
Old 01-11-2011, 06:11 AM
JK Enthusiast

Not getting Dual Tops.

I ended up getting a Mopar Sunrider after the fact, but when you get it from the dealer after it is in pieces, not assembled with just rails and windows to install. Every bolt, hinge, washer, etc. You even have to put the top into the header and that is tough and takes a few tries.

It was a nightmare to install...

Works great now, love it.

As I said in another post duals cost very little if you consider the 1% under factor and how much it adds to the monthly, and that it is then part of the factory warranty.

If you think you 'may' be interested, get the duals going in... you can always sell it after...
Old 01-11-2011, 06:16 AM
JK Enthusiast

Sometimes I also think 'not getting a rubi' as it is the untimate Warngler... but I haven't really had a time yet where my JKU Sahara has left me high an dry or even close to it. Mine has the LSD in it, and I have GYDs on it, so maybe that is why.

I think that the factory rubi shocks would be what I would want the most. I had a Tacoma SR5 before and then after a TRD and the better shocks was so much, well , better. (tighter, less roll, etc)

We'll see, i'll probably spring for a rubi when they add in the US diesel option.... hopefully in 2012.

Sergio said the other day their goal is better mileage for Jeeps vs hybrid stuff, so maybe that was a thin veil to more diesel options. One can pray
Old 01-11-2011, 04:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

Ordering from 4wd.com is my buyers remorse. They charged me once after I placed my order and again when they shipped it! I called to ask about it and was told that this was their policy and that I would be refunded "In a few days!" Them charging me twice almost put me below my minimum balance and delayed my buying other gear by about a week!
Old 01-11-2011, 05:28 PM
JK Newbie

when ordering the Jeep, adding air conditioning to the build order and having a soft top. Seems a little dumb now.. (yup good for resale me thinks as i signed the deal) DOH
Old 03-07-2012, 08:00 PM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I regret not buying a Jeep four vehicles ago!

Quick Reply: Buyers Remorse, post here if you got it!