Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Busy Month of Mods!

Old 03-09-2010, 03:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Busy Month of Mods!

I've added a bunch of fun stuff to the Jeep in the last couple months, and finally had a chance to take some pictures.

First off, here are some new stickers:

In the last couple pictures, you can see the back-up lights I installed. Made the mounts myself, and ran cabling into the cab to a switch.

I had a new muffler put in, it's a Flowmaster 80 Series Dual Exhaust.

Added the IPF headlights that Northridge was offering as a package deal. These things are great! Basically plug and play, with a big light upgrade and better looking lamp.

The bulb you see on the right is a clear strobe bulb. I have clear strobes in both front headlights, and one in each brake lense at the back.

Installed the AEV snorkel!

Added the dual battery kit from Benchmark Designs

Installed LED rock lights. They are called Tantrum LED Strobes. 6 small waterproof "pods" that connect to a controller. I leave them set to all-on, but it can do fancy strobe and blinking stuff if you want too. Comes with a wireless keychain so you can activate it in the parking lot to find your jeep

Pics are in daylight, but it looks good at night. I'll try and add some night shots later.

Mounted a 5.11 Tactical Flashlight on the soundbar.

This is the charger for it. Charges up in 90 seconds from fully dead, and lasts for a few hours. No batteries!

Finally, added a laptop mount to the Jeep.

Thanks for looking, and I'm happy to answer any questions!
Old 03-09-2010, 03:15 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow dude you are a gadget freak lol! I don't think I have ever seen such a high-tec jk! Nice work! The only thing you are missing is a 60 cal. mounted on roof to ward off all those canadian zombies!
Old 03-09-2010, 03:24 PM
JK Freak

That is a lot of new mods! We need to see some video of the strobes in action while taking down a few zombies...
Old 03-09-2010, 03:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

I love gadgets.. you guessed it! haha

Oh! If it was legal to mount a 60 cal. on the roof, I would have already done it!

Originally Posted by deanthemachine04
Wow dude you are a gadget freak lol! I don't think I have ever seen such a high-tec jk! Nice work! The only thing you are missing is a 60 cal. mounted on roof to ward off all those canadian zombies!
Old 03-09-2010, 03:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

Can't deliver on the zombies But i can try to get some video of the strobes tonight. I tried in daylight but it messed the camera up.. couldn't see the strobe, just lines of interference

Originally Posted by backwoodjk
That is a lot of new mods! We need to see some video of the strobes in action while taking down a few zombies...
Old 03-09-2010, 03:36 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Video

Here's a couple videos showing how the new muffler sounds.. The mic on the camera distorts a little when it gets loud, so that's the sound you are hearing.

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v6...t=Muffler2.flv

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v6...t=Muffler1.flv
Old 03-09-2010, 03:38 PM
JK Freak

this is really starting to look like a 'zombie outbreak' vehicle. Hows that delta light bar on the hood? Any glare?
Old 03-09-2010, 03:43 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JAM85
this is really starting to look like a 'zombie outbreak' vehicle. Hows that delta light bar on the hood? Any glare?
Honestly? It's horrible.

It hardly gives any light, and the light it does give glares off the hood.

BUT it works awesome as a shovel mount!

I just ordered 2 amber strobe bulbs the other day. I plan on putting them in 2 of the Delta lenses.
Old 03-09-2010, 05:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

nice i've been thinking of adding strobes to my headlights and tailights
Old 03-09-2010, 07:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mdslngr
nice i've been thinking of adding strobes to my headlights and tailights
Here's a video for the front strobes, and one for the rear. They don't show up all that well, the camera kind of freaks out and doesn't really show the lights.. just a blinding flash of light.. oh well, here they are anyway.

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v6...rontStrobe.flv

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v6...RearStrobe.flv

Quick Reply: Busy Month of Mods!