Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Bush league RTI ramp

Old 07-24-2009, 06:32 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wink Bush league RTI ramp

Okay, this is really bush league, but I needed a way to check my articulation after coaxing some more slack out of my ESP/ABS wire and I wanted to see where I was at on my bump stops as well.

I've got an empty lot next to my house. There is a big pile of busted concrete in the middle of it. Builders poured wet cement on top of that. The result is a 29" high "rock" - a convenient makeshift ramp.

Looks like plenty of room for 35s.

But with travel and clearance like this, I very well might stay with my 33s.

I'm happy with the articulation I'm getting with OEM control arms; I'm just over 3" lift via OME springs with Currie rear links, a JKS track bar up front and TeraFlex shocks at all four corners.

Thanks for looking, have a great weekend all.

Omaha
Old 07-24-2009, 07:56 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks damn good to me, but go ahead and get the 35's! You will be suprised at how much you can stuff a tire without any rubbing.

RTI ramps are nice, but I like your "real world" approach. I did a similiar "test" last weekend. Here are a couple of pics of a little flex with the OEM control arms and just over 3" of lift w/ 35's:

JD
Old 07-24-2009, 08:49 PM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

nice! i made a makeshift flexing obstacle myself a few weeks ago out of a massive wood block and smaller pieces of wood to raise it up, i got alot of flex out of it. lol it actually started a phase, i was looking at random stuff to flex on. posing on rocks and stuff around here it was pretty cool.

Quick Reply: Bush league RTI ramp