Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Burning Jk

Old 04-20-2008, 03:52 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Burning Jk

I found a Vid of another JK burning on youtube. I am getting scared for my Jeep but then again they have all been automatics and i have a manuel.

Phewwwww....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5ADiI9v_ac
Old 04-20-2008, 04:07 PM
JK Newbie

Default wow

this is starting to get scarry. I hope they figure it out.
Old 04-24-2008, 10:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

Repost I think.
I read this one a while ago. Guy was going up some mountainous region and it was a long running hill climb. Not sure if he heard the tranny over heating ding or not.

But still that video gives me the jitters too. I see a tranny cooler in my future.
Old 04-25-2008, 08:34 AM
JK Enthusiast

I'm not worried, that was like 1 JK out of millions. I think you'll be fine as long as you know a little about your Jeep and when to settle the gas when red-lining up a hill (vid said they were hill climbing).

No worries with mine. Jeep has a reputation that they can't tarnish!
Old 04-25-2008, 09:35 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by KnuckleHead
I'm not worried, that was like 1 JK out of millions. I think you'll be fine as long as you know a little about your Jeep and when to settle the gas when red-lining up a hill (vid said they were hill climbing).

No worries with mine. Jeep has a reputation that they can't tarnish!
But there are at least 3 other JK's on this forum who have also burnt down to the ground.

As far as the reputation you can't tarnish, that's a little extreme no???
Old 04-25-2008, 10:22 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by rogu3JK
Repost I think.
I read this one a while ago. Guy was going up some mountainous region and it was a long running hill climb. Not sure if he heard the tranny over heating ding or not.

But still that video gives me the jitters too. I see a tranny cooler in my future.

that looks like the same video as the rental from... Mexico? one that went up in smoke soemtime last year i think?

I'm 99% sure i've seen that one before.
Old 04-25-2008, 10:23 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by HappyCurmudgeon
that looks like the same video as the rental from... Mexico? one that went up in smoke soemtime last year i think?

I'm 99% sure i've seen that one before.
Yes... it's definitely a repost... This might actually be the 2nd or 3rd time it has been reposted...
Old 04-25-2008, 12:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

So if these JK's do have a problem, and there are others posted to be burning up...than what's the cause or possible causes?
Old 04-25-2008, 12:51 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by KnuckleHead
So if these JK's do have a problem, and there are others posted to be burning up...than what's the cause or possible causes?
There are a few theories, including the fuel line passing over the exhaust and causing ignition.

Another theory that seems to have some evidence is the automatic transmissions overheating. The fluid gets too hot, and begins boiling over onto the exhaust manifold, where it ignites. This one seems to have some beef to back it up.
Old 04-25-2008, 04:02 PM
JK Newbie

I Think the first time I saw this video it was befor the jk ever came out and I know for sure I have seen the video labeled as 2007 jeep now it says 2008. Its impossible to tell what year jeep it is and how ligit it is also if you read the coments on the video from all the people it would make people think these things are a tinder box. I have a suspision that this is being pushed out by a jeep rival. Trying to perpetuate somthing so theyc can affect buyers. If there is a problem I hope its fixed but from the video and the way this video title is changing I smell somthing stinky going on.

Quick Reply: Burning Jk