Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Which Bumper

Old 10-05-2008, 06:09 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which Bumper

I am trying to make an informed decision on which off Road Bumper to get. I would like to to accept the factory fog lamps, also would like to be able to mount and winch in the future , also would like a good skid plate for up front and wouldn;t mind it to give some protection in front of the tires for a front corner impact if needed. Any help would be great. Need some experienced answers.
Old 10-05-2008, 06:53 AM
JK Super Freak

I went with the shrockworks mid-width. It accepts the stock fog lights, winch, and comes with a good skid plate. It just does not extend out in front of the tires but that was not one of my concerns.

Old 10-05-2008, 07:02 AM
JK Enthusiast

Rugged Ridge XHD Modular with end caps accepts factory fogs, can mount a winch and will cover the tires.

Old 10-06-2008, 05:04 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 362 Likes on 270 Posts

Originally Posted by doc307
I went with the shrockworks mid-width. ...
X2. Worth noting is, while expensive, the Shrockworks comes with the winch mounting plate and the
skid plate in that price. The down side is the wait (as much as 3-4 months) and having to pay in
advance. Some have gotten around that by buying through a Texas reseller--search JK-Forum for the
name if interested. Here's mine, BTW:

Old 10-06-2008, 05:26 AM
JK Enthusiast

now i want a new bumper
Old 10-06-2008, 09:38 AM
JK Enthusiast

X3 on the Shrockworks. I've looked at most of the bumpers out there, that one is my fave for sure.
Old 10-06-2008, 09:45 AM
JK Enthusiast

X2 on rugged ridge. not sure on the skid plate, but it meets your other needs. bumper quickly goes from full to stubby with end cap removal for different looks/needs.
Old 10-06-2008, 09:50 AM
JK Enthusiast

I have the shrockworks stubby and love it!! Again, the only thing is the waiting time.....
Old 10-06-2008, 01:53 PM
JK Super Freak

You don't always have to wait for the shrockworks. I ordered mine on a wednesday and received on 2 days later on Friday from one of our sponsors. They posted a thread on here saying they had them in stock
Old 10-06-2008, 04:28 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Raiderse
I am trying to make an informed decision on which off Road Bumper to get. I would like to to accept the factory fog lamps, also would like to be able to mount and winch in the future , also would like a good skid plate for up front and wouldn;t mind it to give some protection in front of the tires for a front corner impact if needed. Any help would be great. Need some experienced answers.
There should be a pretty good selection to look over on all the Jeeps coming up to the JK Fest this weekend. Personally I love my LoD mid-width.

Quick Reply: Which Bumper