Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Built a custom sub enclosure

Old 01-02-2011, 08:17 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Built a custom sub enclosure

So went to my buddies house in Central jersey today, we spent the better part of 12 hours cutting and measuring and cutting some more. The three of us constructed a box from scratch and molded an aluminum diamond plate enclosure around it.
We calculated the proper space for each sub and created a sealed box.
So, in the box are two kicker solo baric L5's powered by a JL500 rms mono amp.

Here are the pics.

building the box

test for fit

They Fit!

testing the Diamond Plate cover

fitting the cover

The mostly finished product

This was my first attempt of fabing something for the jeep, this was my buddies first shot at a sub enclosure. I Had a lot of fun building it.

Last edited by Joisey; 06-06-2011 at 09:01 AM.
Old 01-03-2011, 08:13 AM
JK Freak

I now have a sealed area in the back for storage when I have the top off. As well, I never used my back seats. People would always complain of no leg room and that they where squished so, I took them out and said take your own car. This gives me more storage and a clean looking sub enclosure.
Old 01-03-2011, 08:38 AM
JK Enthusiast

That looks good man. Lovin the diamond plate.
Old 01-03-2011, 08:52 AM
JK Freak

The diamond plate looks SICK! lOSING THE SEAT....IF IT WORKS FOR YOU, THAT'S ALL THAT MATTERS!
Old 01-03-2011, 06:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

nice job
Old 01-03-2011, 06:49 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That's a cool way to spend a day.
Old 01-03-2011, 06:53 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Now thats how to build a sub box.
Old 05-14-2011, 12:03 PM
JK Freak

this looks sic, i was wondering where about do you have the amp for that and is everything water/ weather proof? either way nice write up looks awesome.
Old 05-14-2011, 12:17 PM
JK Newbie

I didn't see any glue mess in your build pictures but I'm assuming you used glue around the entire cabinet to create an airtight space (sealed enclosure). If you just nail/screw it you will have a guaranteed pressure loss and it will affect the quality and output of your drivers. Whether or not any of it matters to you is another question

The finished product looks nice. You guys did a good job. I'm also removing the back seat, it's such a waste of space for me having it in there.
Old 06-06-2011, 09:00 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Danielson99
I didn't see any glue mess in your build pictures but I'm assuming you used glue around the entire cabinet to create an airtight space (sealed enclosure). If you just nail/screw it you will have a guaranteed pressure loss and it will affect the quality and output of your drivers. Whether or not any of it matters to you is another question

The finished product looks nice. You guys did a good job. I'm also removing the back seat, it's such a waste of space for me having it in there.
-
I took the box home with me after we built it and siliconed the entire enclosure.
It is air tight.
As for the amp it is on the other side of the box when I open the trunk you can see it.

Quick Reply: Built a custom sub enclosure