Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Building My Own Bumper 4/20/2010 SoCal Build: The Beginning

Old 06-03-2010, 12:16 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looking good... I just started my cardboard mock up and boy its going to take some time. Starting to appreciate the effort you are putting into this.
Old 06-03-2010, 03:59 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by 2climbbig
Looking good... I just started my cardboard mock up and boy its going to take some time. Starting to appreciate the effort you are putting into this.
Yeah, I did cardboard first, then 3/16 partical board wood for the stencils so that theyd last a long time, now steel. So basically it is like building the whole thing three times.
Old 06-03-2010, 04:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

That textured finish is a great idea... If you can't get over the rocks, at least you can grind them down smaller!
I'm just kidding! Look forward to seeing them smoothed out and painted...
Old 06-03-2010, 04:08 PM
JK Super Freak

Pretty decent update for ya, got some of the middle supports in and also got my spindle from A to Z Fabrication today, this baby is SOLID, im so satisfied, shipped pretty fast too

Old 06-03-2010, 04:13 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Rubidozer
That textured finish is a great idea... If you can't get over the rocks, at least you can grind them down smaller!
I'm just kidding! Look forward to seeing them smoothed out and painted...
HAhaha yeeaahhhh. . .its not the prettiest thing right now with all the overspray and splatter but its strong as hell, I'll make it pretty later, just dont want to sand it down to figure out I have to fix something and then do it again
Old 06-04-2010, 11:42 AM
JK Enthusiast

Looking good. Can't wait to see if finished. So what tire carrier is on your Jeep now?
Old 06-04-2010, 03:05 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by 69spike
You would almost be better off tacking it all together to see if it works and then finishing all the welds when it's just the way you want it. It's easier to break a tack then cut a weld! Just food for thought! Looking good!
Thats what Ive been doing, tacked the corners, then mounted and finished the welds, then tack each other piece as I go, they are all off of a wood stencil I have so theyre dead accurate

Originally Posted by sc0tt
Looking good. Can't wait to see if finished. So what tire carrier is on your Jeep now?
Or- Fab Tire Carrier with gerry can and high lift mounts, should be for sale in a couple days.

Old 06-21-2010, 10:51 PM
JK Super Freak

any updates on this?
Old 06-23-2010, 11:39 AM
JK Super Freak

Ive almost got the carrier swing away portion done, its all tacked, but have to do the final welds and install the hinge and then clean it up but my camera on my phone has been acting up so Im in search of a new one, sorry guys, im trying I promise, I know a thread like this is just boring without pictures
Old 06-23-2010, 12:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by So_Cal_Tay_12
Sorry for not posting for a while, my phone was dead for about a week so I had no camera or anything, kind of a bust, but, I have had some time to work. The corners are on and Ill be working on it more later but heres a quick updates inbetween finals today. This is just for a trial fitting, they will be taken off, sanded, and powdercoated eventually

That looks sweet!

Quick Reply: Building My Own Bumper 4/20/2010 SoCal Build: The Beginning