Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Build Thread: Sierra Nevada Edition

Old 03-31-2013, 10:52 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Welcome. I bought he same jeep. I will check in to see what you have done with it.
Old 04-03-2013, 08:12 PM
JK Newbie

Default Bushwacker Flat Flare Fenders

Found this at the front door tonight. Now I have something to do this weekend.

Last edited by inksterJK; 04-03-2013 at 08:27 PM. Reason: add title
Old 04-04-2013, 02:44 PM
JK Newbie

The first key to success is planning. Do you have a plan in place, if so, please share. If not, you should get one together. I cant wait to see the build
Old 04-04-2013, 02:57 PM
JK Enthusiast

welcome to the forum! I'm about an hour north of you in merced! If you're up for wheeling one of these weekends just let all of us Central cali people know
Old 04-04-2013, 09:07 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by BennettGolf
The first key to success is planning. Do you have a plan in place, if so, please share. If not, you should get one together. I cant wait to see the build
I can't say that I have a plan in place yet, but I do have an idea of what I want to end up with.
I've got tires and wheels on order - just waiting for them. Lift is the big one that I need to figure out.

Originally Posted by UC Rubi
welcome to the forum! I'm about an hour north of you in merced! If you're up for wheeling one of these weekends just let all of us Central cali people know
Is there any cool central cal clubs that meet up for runs? I need someone to hit the trails with.
Old 04-07-2013, 06:54 PM
JK Newbie

Got the Bushwacker fenders on today. The install was pretty easy and straight forward, the first one I did (the drive side front) took me 2hrs to do. I did everything one step at a time and triple check each step. It was scary to be cutting and ripping parts off a brand new car (I only have 47mi on it), but the other 3 fenders took another 2.5hrs to do (4.5hrs total).

Here is the finished product.

Old 04-07-2013, 07:33 PM
JK Newbie

Also installed antennaX shorty and the Mopar fuel door.

I've been looking for bumpers and sliders for awhile now, so I stepped up and ordered the LoD - Armor Lite Mid-Width front, LoD - Signature Series 4-Door Rock Sliders and the LoD - Signature Series Shorty Rear Bumper w/Tire Carrier. Should be here in 4-6 weeks.
Old 04-07-2013, 08:01 PM
JK Newbie

Nice looking jeep. It sounds like it's going to be an awesome build. I am also from Merced. We should plan a wheeling trip soon.
Old 04-27-2013, 07:20 PM
JK Newbie

Default T-REX grill install

I got a chance to install the T-REX grill today after finishing some honey-do's. The install was pretty much straight forward and only took me about 30min to do. The kit comes with the stainless steel mesh grill powder coated black and all the hardware needed for installation (speed clips and screws).

First step was to remove the stock grill. After removing the wiring from the turn signals. I used two flathead screwdrivers to lift and remove the factory (pop up) clips.

Then I just pulled the bottom center of the grill and popped off the grill (just give it a quick firm tug). I laid the grill face down on a thick beach towel and test fit the grill to see how things lined up and to see where the holes (4) had to be drilled. I found that it was better to place the speed clips on and then mark the mounting holes, as the clips can only be placed in curtain places because of the limited space and the width of the clips.

Once all the holes were drilled, I replaced the clips and tightened the screws. Then lined up the bottom of the grill and snapped the bottom half in (don't forget the snaps above the turn signals). Lined up the holes on top of the grill and replaced the 6 pop up clips and that's it. Very easy and quick. I'm very happy with how easy the install was and the quality of the grill seems to be top notch.

Before:

After:

Old 04-28-2013, 03:45 PM
JK Newbie

Default Mopar Door Sill Guards

Installed the Mopar door sill guards today. These are a must have to save the paint!

Quick Reply: Build Thread: Sierra Nevada Edition