Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Build thread for my THIRD front bumper

Old 09-28-2010, 06:56 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice looking unique bumper. My only suggestion would be to weld the shackle mounts to the inside of the bumper and have the actual mount protruding through the front of the bumper and then welded again on the outside. You could recess your bolts in the plate so they will not have to be seen and be covered after welding the mount to the inside of your bumper. I know this would mean a lot more work but I think it would be worth it. That is how I installed my shackle mounts on my bumper so all of the hardware is behind the bumper:

I built the exact same shackle mounts that you have right now except mine are on the inside. This also makes it so your tow points are still bolted directly to the frame unlike just welding shackle tabs to the front of the bumper....
Old 08-21-2011, 09:59 AM
JK Newbie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

looks good, great job!!
Old 08-24-2011, 05:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

Where did you get the shackles from?
Old 08-24-2011, 05:40 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by taylorthedude
Where did you get the shackles from?
x2... Would like to know as well. I am working in designing my bumpers and been looking for some quality shackle mounts. Thanks in advance.

If you (or anyone for that matter) is looking for some help in either documenting and/or creating 3D models and drawings of anything you're working on, let me know. I am an industrial/mechanical designer proficient in AutoCAD and Inventor.
Old 08-26-2011, 02:13 PM
JK Newbie

Not sure about those exact ones, but I use Ballistic Fab parts for my builds usually.

They have a throught the bumper mount like you guys are talking about: ballisticfabrication.com/Through-Bumper-Clevis-Mount_p_1784.html

And a regular weld on tab: ballisticfabrication.com/Heavy-Duty-Clevis-D-ring-Tab_p_1553.html

hope this helps.

Last edited by HappyCurmudgeon; 08-29-2011 at 10:50 AM. Reason: removed non sponsor hyperlinks. - See FAQ's
Old 08-26-2011, 03:54 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sick bumper man! I like the lines!
Old 08-29-2011, 10:34 AM
JK Enthusiast

Didn't realize this thread had been dug back up or that I never posted a completed bumper picture....

As far as the shackle mounts go...I dont remember where I got them. Just know they were on clearance due to chips in the powdercoat. I ended up moving them to the winch plate because I didnt like them on the front. Strength was never a concern because the frame was modified for the bumper and the shackles were still bolted directly to it.

Anyway, Im starting to get the itch to build a new bumper since this one has been on nearly a year. Stay tuned.
Old 09-04-2011, 03:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

That bumper looks "sweeet" my man I'm planning to get a plasma next summer. Hope I can something 1/2 that nice.
Old 09-04-2011, 07:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by RUBIMAN07
How much you wanting for the most recent design?
It would be kind of hard to sell seeing as I modified my frame to tuck this bumper in close. Unless you have some metal fab skills it wouldn't do you much good.
Old 11-13-2011, 06:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

damn thats a sweet bumper

Quick Reply: Build thread for my THIRD front bumper