Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Bug Shield/ deflectors- Looking for input

Old 07-29-2009, 04:43 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bug Shield/ deflectors- Looking for input

All-

I am trying to decide if I want a bug shield/deflector on my 2009 JK. I do a lot of evening driving and the windshield is just getting pummeled by the bugs. If you use a bug shield/deflector on your JK can you post pics of what they look like on them and if they really work or just a waste of $60.

Thanks in Advance
Old 07-29-2009, 04:46 PM
Sponsoring Vendor
Epic-Addictions Representative

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just keep some Bug remover in the windshield washer and windex in the back for when it gets bad.
Old 07-29-2009, 10:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

I think my Wade Automotive bug shield works pretty good, granted bugs are still gona get on the windshield, but the bugs that hit mine tend to be more toward the upper half of the windshield and also they arent as abundant as they were pre-bugdeflector, here is a link to some pics...[IMG][/IMG]
Old 07-30-2009, 03:08 AM
JK Enthusiast

I'm more concerned about deflecting stones than bugs. Bugs will wipe off. Here is the one I got from Weathertech (no screws)

Old 07-30-2009, 04:49 AM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by daggo66
I'm more concerned about deflecting stones than bugs. Bugs will wipe off. Here is the one I got from Weathertech (no screws)

Does it work? I had the nose-piece bra on my TJ with the little air-dam and it seemed to be a benefit.
Old 09-09-2009, 05:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

Are any of those the one in the Quadratec catalog? They have one in there for 40 bucks. I think it didn't use screws and it sat up from the hood.
Old 09-09-2009, 06:03 PM
JK Super Freak

Just say no!
Old 09-09-2009, 09:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

I think a little bug remover in the windshield washer will be better... I personally like the clean look of the jeep from the front...
Old 09-10-2009, 05:32 AM
JK Super Freak

Just to clarify...the second smily is entitled "yucky"

No offense, but it is a Jeep...
Old 09-10-2009, 06:18 AM
JK Enthusiast

It's all a personal preferance thing when it comes to the looks. Personally I like mine, while bugs do still get on the windshield it seems to keep some off and the ones that do make it seem to hit higher and helps with rock nicks. It also seems to make the hood bounce around less on the high way. It is the Bugflector II by Auto Ventshade. I don't have a pic of mine right now but here is the one from site I orderd it from.

Quick Reply: Bug Shield/ deflectors- Looking for input