Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Bug guard!? Does everyone really hate them??

Old 08-28-2012, 09:32 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

In less than a year I have paint chipped off the front of the hood and rock dings in the windshield. Definitely going to try one and hope it doesn't get torn off.

I don't mind how they look one way or the other. The Jeep is s'posed to look like whatever works. It a Jeep!
Old 08-28-2012, 01:55 PM
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

One common misconception for one of our our products is the "Bug Guard/ Shield" description.

Our hood products are actually branded as hood shields. The design and shape is more aerodynamic than some of the taller bug guards you see on the road.

Our shields primary function is to protect the nose of the hood from rocks and other debris. It also attaches with clips for a no drill/ tape installation.

We manufacture our hood shields here in the good old USA.
As a matter of fact we also manufacture the acrylic sheet and Acrylic Capped ABS Plastic used to produce these.

EGR controls 100% of the process from concept to packaging.

Perfect fit and finish are just one of the perks of being a Tier 1 OEM supplier! Our retail customers get the same quality the OE's!

Here is our shield on our Project Sahara

Last edited by egr usa; 08-28-2012 at 02:13 PM.
Old 08-28-2012, 02:51 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Hinrichs
i always wondered what these did and if they worked well, i would also be nervous about trapping dirt and dust and scratching the paint underneath like a bra would

I've never had any issues as it's high enough off the hood that nothing gets trapped.
Old 08-28-2012, 03:06 PM
JK Newbie

I had one on for 1 trip down the interstate. It felt like it was going to rip the softtop off from the wind turbulence. Maybe some of the lower profile ones are better about that. Mine was an auto ventshade brand.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
Old 08-28-2012, 03:07 PM
JK Newbie

hey this is my first thread and its so awsome getting great feedback from other Wrangler owners... Whats with the sales pitch EGR??? And this thread was started in Canada do its not the old usa lol
Old 08-28-2012, 03:09 PM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I like the idea of deflecting rocks and bugs from the windshield, but the look isn't for me.
Old 08-28-2012, 05:31 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by carolinajk
dont you mean you rike it ..... ruh roh

HAHA!! Too funny!!
Old 08-28-2012, 05:34 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JeepJoel
hey this is my first thread and its so awsome getting great feedback from other Wrangler owners... Whats with the sales pitch EGR??? And this thread was started in Canada do its not the old usa lol
Well they are from ONTARIO (Cali)...

FYI... forum sponsors chime in from time to time to provide information to help us make good buying decisions. They often make us deals like reduced pricing and/or free shipping. You should consider it a good sign that one got involved in your thread...
Old 08-28-2012, 06:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

I think it looks like a moustache
Old 08-28-2012, 06:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by scouter4life
Love mine One thing I did though so it doesn't stand out is to buy a clear gurad and then I painted the backside to match the Jeep. After 5 years it still looks new.

As far as does it work, yes it helps. I've flown through swarms and watch most of them get pushed right up and over. Sure some still hit, but it's less than it could be.

Like this idea. Who makes the clear version and does it require drilling?

Quick Reply: Bug guard!? Does everyone really hate them??