Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Buck can't get the 3.5 so we have to Go 4.5 Prem

Old 01-05-2010, 12:11 PM
Sponsoring Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Old 01-05-2010, 01:21 PM
Sponsoring Vendor

Old 01-05-2010, 06:06 PM
JK Freak

All I can say is WOW!
Drives awesome and hands off steering wheel and smooth as a Caddy.
Old 01-05-2010, 06:20 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by HAOLE
great stance!! i would get rid of those tube sides though
Yeah, they clunk with the body flexing, but they are a necessary evil to help my little ones get in.
Old 01-05-2010, 06:27 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

very nice!! congrats on the build!!!!!!!
Old 01-05-2010, 06:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

Congrats, that JK is sick.
Old 01-05-2010, 07:45 PM
JK Freak

Thanks everybody! I could not have done it without all the EXPERTS at Screamin Lizards. What a great experience to work with really passionate professionals that go the extra mile. They went out of the way by welding some of the AEV parts that were bolt ons for added durability and strength. They custom fabricated parts to better accomodate the the C gusset reinforcements with the AEV high steer kit and front tracbar relocation bracket. They did some great grinding work on the transmission skid then ramp tested the Jeep to make sure their new front custom driveshaft would not hit it. AEV recommends taking it off, but SLC didn't take that for an answer and made it work without having to ditch a good factory skid. The AEV kit is great and rides incredible. I am glad I went with the front Rock Krawler lower control arms instead of the cams. No one in the shop acted like some of those know it all make you feel stupid kind of guys you sometimes run into. Sean cleared up a pricing descrepancy without a fuss and was great to work with. They earned my business for as long as I own a Jeep!
Old 01-05-2010, 09:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

Looks great buddy!

TonyT
Old 01-06-2010, 07:32 AM
JK Freak

so did you not have to have rear control arms to adjust the rear pinion angle? are you not getting vibration even with that fancy new drivshaft?

just curious.
Old 01-06-2010, 07:40 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by smbundy13
so did you not have to have rear control arms to adjust the rear pinion angle? are you not getting vibration even with that fancy new drivshaft?

just curious.
All stock control arms in the rear. No vibration at all. The only thing is without rear control arms, my 35's still are real close to the rubi rails due to the shortening of the chassis when lifted, but during flexing- they never touched. I can't believe how smooth it is on the road. When I lifted my 2000 F250 diesel, the all leaf spring suspension road like a tractor. It still accelerates pretty good, but without changing out my 4.11 gears, the trans will drop down out of overdrive on hills more than it did prior. Gears are going to have to wait. I am a little broke now!

Quick Reply: Buck can't get the 3.5 so we have to Go 4.5 Prem