Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Broken track bar bracket... EXTREMELY violent deathwobble

Old 06-25-2010, 08:48 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Glad everyone was okay!

On a side note, the word "car" is in this thead like 12 times..
Old 06-25-2010, 08:53 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

dang, another axle side track bar bracket strikes again. They shouldn't put those things on the market. Period
Old 06-26-2010, 03:35 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by smuhhh
Glad everyone was okay!

On a side note, the word "car" is in this thead like 12 times..
Yeah, everyone WAS okay. Except those poor poor kittens...

Old 06-26-2010, 03:51 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 361 Likes on 269 Posts

Originally Posted by GreenJK713
... car ... car ... car ... car ... car ... car ... car ... car ... car ... car ... I'm new to all of this ...
I wouldn't have guessed. :-) It's a Jeep.

Glad everything turned out okay. As someone else pointed out, entering the Interstate when your Jeep (or whatever you're driving) is acting up is not a good idea. Thanks for keeping us informed on this. I just went out and inspected my own welds (don't have relocation bracket) because of your post, and because I'm headed out of town on a long drive in a few days.
Old 06-26-2010, 04:07 AM
JK Super Freak

Yeesh. So glad I opted to get the JKS front brace to supplement the back one I already had. Goes to the shop for welding Monday.
Old 06-26-2010, 04:24 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by GoodysGotaCuda
They shouldn't put those things on the market. Period
X2
I think that most of the manufacturers of relocation brackets don't really know this issue. It's a lack of communication. Why not a sticky warning in this forum?
Old 06-26-2010, 04:25 AM
JK Super Freak

x2 on not needing a front track bar relocation bracket for that size lift. I have the RC 3.25 lift and did nothing with the front track bar. Looks and drives fine. I did use the bracket for the rear but it is frame side mounted and I have heard that this is fine. so far is works fine, no problems.
Old 06-26-2010, 06:54 AM
JK Newbie

First, glad your ok.

Second, what dealer is replacing your axle. Though the axle side TB bracket has been known to fail on stock JK's, it is far more common on modified ones and can easily be said the aftermarket parts caused the failue......and they are replacing it!! Please share this dealers name as they seem to be very mod friendly!!
Old 06-26-2010, 11:07 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 09rubicon
First, glad your ok.

Second, what dealer is replacing your axle. Though the axle side TB bracket has been known to fail on stock JK's, it is far more common on modified ones and can easily be said the aftermarket parts caused the failue......and they are replacing it!! Please share this dealers name as they seem to be very mod friendly!!
My guess is that the dealer sold him the jeep with the BB on there along with the TB bracket. so they are responsible for this failure. But on second thought, did the OP install the 2.5 TF coils himself after purchase or did the dealer?
Old 06-26-2010, 09:52 PM
JK Newbie

Hey everyone.

First of all let me correct myself as you are right its not a car it is indeed a jeep haha

Second, Yes it was stupid of me to continue driving but I was planning on pulling over anyway, I couldn't get out of the ramp lane and so I was trying to get off the first exit instead. But thats when the problem happened. Either way it was stupid of me haha but i guess people can learn from my mistakes.

Third, I'm sorry to get people's hopes up but I spoke to the dealership and they say the warranty won't cover it. Even though the bracket broke due to a part that was on the jeep already when I bought it, they claim that any sort of problem directly resulting from aftermarket modification will not be covered. I am trying to fight this as it is ridiculous to buy a JEEP NOT CAR , buy a warranty and then have half the Jeep not covered because of mods that were done. I understand voiding the warranty with further modification but it had many mods when we bought it off the lot to begin with.

The guy selling us the warranty said ...and i quote..."this warranty will cover everything from bumper to bumper" .....yea. right.

I have a meeting on monday to talk to the used car sales manager to explain to him the problem with the service manager who is going to help me out because he knows the part was already on and he knows it was the cause of the problem. Due to the fact that it was actually caused by a part that was on the Jeep already when I bought it, it's possible that the dealership will take the hit for the cost and replace my bracket with a new one and remove the relocation bracket and basically restore it to how it would be new....OR change the whole differential but honestly that is very unlikely.

Either way we'll see what happens. Thanks and I'll keep everyone posted. Oh and also I forgot to mention that once I replace the bracket for a new one and get it mounted without the relocation bracket, I WILL be putting on a reinforcement brace to have be sure that it won't happen again. Let me know which one you think is the best. Thanks again guys, I'll let ya'll know when I get any further news.

Last edited by GreenJK713; 06-26-2010 at 09:56 PM.

Quick Reply: Broken track bar bracket... EXTREMELY violent deathwobble