Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Broke my stock Rubi wheel!

Old 06-23-2010, 06:10 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mark Doiron
Sorry to hear about this. I have to wonder if a little more sidewall (either from 15 or 16" wheels, or from 35" tires, or even from a little more tire pressure) might not have prevented this.
it's very possible. once these BGF's wear out i'm going with 35" Pitbulls on 15's. now that i have 1 less tire to rotate in, i'll get there a little bit sooner
Old 06-24-2010, 05:44 AM
JK Super Freak

Default Broke my stock Rubi wheel!

you didn't happen to go up winch hill, did ya?
Old 06-24-2010, 08:01 AM
JK Freak

no we didn't hit winch hill this time. that spot claimed my passenger seatbelt back at EJS when it got submerged and triggered the little mechanism inside. stinks. but anyway, i think i know why you're asking. there's that nice rock on the driver's side at the top of the hill that likes to eat tires/wheels, right?
Old 06-24-2010, 09:39 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by JCKnauer22
no we didn't hit winch hill this time. that spot claimed my passenger seatbelt back at EJS when it got submerged and triggered the little mechanism inside. stinks. but anyway, i think i know why you're asking. there's that nice rock on the driver's side at the top of the hill that likes to eat tires/wheels, right?

THAT rock... was worth a guess.

Sorry for the damage though.

Quick Reply: Broke my stock Rubi wheel!