Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Bring on the Flame: 20 inch Rockstars

Old 05-05-2008, 04:27 PM
Fallen Hero

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Research Complete

Well I researched it on the forum and this is what I found. They will fit and here are a few pics I found from our members. Caution if your jeep is trail rated you might not want to look. Well unlees you are Chuck Norris. The do what you want. I cant stop ya.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	CHUCKNORRISJKCHROME (Small).jpg
Views:	206
Size:	73.4 KB
ID:	8770   Click image for larger version

Name:	chomed (Small).jpg
Views:	176
Size:	84.7 KB
ID:	8771  
Old 05-05-2008, 04:41 PM
JK Freak

That's funny. And it's one thing to flame on the subject. But My plans include no chrome whatsoever. They are only related to an XD Rockstar or maybe XD Hoss. With Terra Grapplers or Open Country M/Ts....so while its one thing to flame, at least flame within a far cry of the truth.....a JK with 20 inch XDs is darn far from a dubbed out truck.
Old 05-05-2008, 06:45 PM
JK Super Freak

I think they look good! I agree 20's aren't a favorite among many Jeepers but they are safer! It creates less sidewall to get damaged or penetrated, and it is safier in blow out situations! Plus, you know your jeep will still preform just as well! they only thing i could see it hurting is your wallet!
Old 05-05-2008, 06:53 PM
JK Freak

I am factory in the price to the purchase of my JK. I am going to put less down so I can have some left over for a set of wheels and tires (whatever size they happen to be)
Old 05-05-2008, 07:02 PM
JK Newbie

Default Perhaps that is the look ..........

Originally Posted by chef_special
x2 TRUE!
Actually, it may look better without those....
Or it may be just a stage in the process....
Old 05-06-2008, 04:37 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by itsajeepthing
Just not a practical solution for me. I spend most time on the dry stuff....if I'm gonna be off the roads in Florida, probably be in light mud trails/sand...
It was the same with me. Everyone told me it would be dumb to get 20's, but i live in florida... its like here theres beach and random trails here and there, so i just did it anyway because i like the look. It didnt cost that much more. I plan on buying a rubicon in a year or so once im done going through Air traffic control school, so when that happens ill get my 18's and get it ready for crazy beastin everything.

Originally Posted by Puddlz

SHOW US YOUR UPGRADES AND action SHOTS

As for this problem...

Old 05-06-2008, 02:11 PM
JK Freak

Those look great!

More pictures of your rig?

I'm not going to be disuaded, I like the look of the 20's. Its just a matter of what size

or

and which tire

terra grappler, procomp xtreme mud-terrain, toyo open country.

Also if I get a silver JK I will probably do Hoss's instead of Rockstars. Black=Rockstar all the way.
Old 05-06-2008, 02:24 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by SONIC
Those look OK for a beach rig. but then again just OK..

consider:
those are 35" tires. What you want is a 33" tire. so you will have an inch LESS sidewall all around than the ones he posted. it WILL look stupid. Im not really bashing im just trying to dissuade yo from making yet another ghetto jeep.

that one looks like the owner likes nice big wheels and lives in FL but still could take his jeep offroad.

with a 33" tire youre going to look like some ghetto moron with low profile tires on a freaking JEEP.

heres an idea

with no lift that will just look dumb man. the rockstars are nice wheels i really like them But you either have to go 18" and 33's or 20" and 35's....
20s and 33's are just not for jeeps.

and if you MUST
PLEASE get some super agressive looking tires to at least offset it a bit

I here your opinion and respect it. But I just like the look. I have seen the rig you posted before, its from a chevy silvarado. And with those Pro Comp M/T I think it looks great. Your free to flame me all you want, but I like it, I think those wheels look great.

Quick Reply: Bring on the Flame: 20 inch Rockstars