Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Bring on the Flame: 20 inch Rockstars

Old 05-04-2008, 05:48 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bring on the Flame: 20 inch Rockstars

I know most people's sentiments about the 20 inch wheels. But I absolutely love the Rockstar's in a 20. I have seen them on a couple jeeps and love it.

That being said, I'm ready for all the flame that comes with it.

Just hoping that along the way, with the flaming, someone could answer me this:

The Wheels are +10 offset, 5.1 backspace.

Does anybody know where a 275/60/20 would sit in relation to the fenders...flush/in/out

and likewise with a 305/55/20
flush/in/out

Stock Suspension, No Lift.

Thanks for any help.
Old 05-04-2008, 06:42 PM
JK Freak

hmmm....its that bad, huh?
Old 05-04-2008, 06:47 PM
JK Enthusiast

Um.

Your not lifting your Jeep and want to put 20" wheels on it? Maybe you should replace your Trailrated badge with a Mallrated Badge.
Old 05-04-2008, 06:47 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

im not sure about the 20 x 10 's but i have the 18 x 9 and i love them ! yeah im not sure the 20's would fit or look to good without a lift .
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC03476 (Medium).JPG
Views:	383
Size:	80.2 KB
ID:	8751  
Old 05-04-2008, 06:49 PM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i am sorry for what will happen to you on this forum i can see 20's on like a 42" tire. not those. lol best of luck rockstars are pretty cool though
Old 05-04-2008, 07:15 PM
JK Freak

I expected this and its ok.... just wish somebody could flame me and give me an answer to the original question....people on here know there stuff, so I figure even if they don't like they will at least be able to crunch the above numbers and tell me where the wheels will sit in relation to the fenders.

and the above was not meant to be wise....I know I am charting in dangerous waters, but I like the look, but also LOVE everyone elses JKs as well.
Old 05-04-2008, 07:38 PM
JK Newbie

Rockstars are sick man, im About to do a 24" chrome rockstar with 37" toyo open country package, im getin DEAL on everything! only $3,000 for everything! normally costs close to $6,000
Oh and im doing a 4" full traction lift as well
Im affraid this ones a mall crawler, oh well i intend on buying another one to just put 35" swampers on so its all good!!
pictures soon i promise!
Old 05-04-2008, 07:41 PM
JK Newbie

...Saw a nice looking JK 4dr with half doors and the worlds ugliest rims near my house last summer. Can't be sure but they looked like 20 inch rims.

Without a lift, the thing just looked rediculous. I'd strongly recommend at least a 2 inch life (Teraflex budget boost) and an 18 inch rim - that said, the Rockstars are my holy grail... when I'm caked up, they're going on my all black mall crusier
Old 05-04-2008, 08:18 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by BigRob
Rockstars are sick man, im About to do a 24" chrome rockstar with 37" toyo open country package, im getin DEAL on everything! only $3,000 for everything! normally costs close to $6,000
Oh and im doing a 4" full traction lift as well
Im affraid this ones a mall crawler, oh well i intend on buying another one to just put 35" swampers on so its all good!!
pictures soon i promise!
Sounds awesome man....stilll looking for anybody who can estimate where the wheels I want will sit...the numbers are at the top....somebody must know how a 20x8.5 with 10 mm offset and 5.1 backspace will sit with a 275/60/20

and a 305/55/20 ....flush, in , out....
Old 05-04-2008, 08:23 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by itsajeepthing
I know most people's sentiments about the 20 inch wheels. But I absolutely love the Rockstar's in a 20. I have seen them on a couple jeeps and love it.

That being said, I'm ready for all the flame that comes with it.

Just hoping that along the way, with the flaming, someone could answer me this:

The Wheels are +10 offset, 5.1 backspace.

Does anybody know where a 275/60/20 would sit in relation to the fenders...flush/in/out

and likewise with a 305/55/20
flush/in/out

Stock Suspension, No Lift.

Thanks for any help.
Well, judging by my limited knowledge of the calcs needed, I'm going to say that your tread would be flush with the fenders on the first set-up, and about 1" outside on the second. This can be affected by the actual width of the wheel a bit, which you didn't list. Judging by the offset/backspacing measurements, I'm guessing that you're somewhere around an 8" to 8.5" wide wheel. If that's the case, I'd be a bit wary of the 305/55/20s. That's a 12" wide tire with a very short sidewall to make up the difference.

Keep in mind that these measurements aren't exact and could, in fact, be completely wrong.

Since I answered your question to the best of my ability I now reserve the right to flame you when I feel it's appropriate.

EDIT: I just noticed in something that you posted while I was writing this that the wheels are 8.5" wide.

Quick Reply: Bring on the Flame: 20 inch Rockstars