Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Brakes not working

Old 02-09-2009, 07:42 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Stuka
Just curious, did you start it up and push the brakes a few times between brake bleeding? That will turn the ABS on, and should let them run and get any air that they might have out.

And were you uding a brake bleeding tool, or were you doing the old 'open valve, push the pedal down, hold, close valve, lift, rinse, repeat" method?

BTW: Worthless, Dana corp doesnt make the brakes. For many years (like 40), they were GM brakes. Now they are chrysler brakes. But dana didn't design them.

Yes I am aware of this, Dana was stated to reference that particular type of axle. I work on lots or Toyota, Suzuki and Rockwell axles and wanted to be clear as I have never had issues with those brakes.
Old 02-09-2009, 07:51 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just got a call from dealer that the brakes are fixed. They had to bleed the master cylinder and run the computer to run the pumps in the ABS module.
Old 02-09-2009, 08:45 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Happy to hear that all os good. Nothing like having brakes fail at 100km/h

Quick Reply: Brakes not working