Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Both Rubi's hit the beach this weekend!

Old 06-10-2009, 04:21 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks man, that was a sweet. I bought the Yellow Rubicon six months ago. I loved the pics. I got tires and BB, so ..anyway..enjoyed that. Oh, I don't call mine lil sassy, but um...what?? huh..
Old 06-10-2009, 05:59 PM
JK Freak

nice pics Sas....McFaddin is still nice
Old 06-10-2009, 07:49 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by TxCop07
nice pics Sas....McFaddin is still nice
Thanks guys, TxCop we'll have to check it out again, been awhile since we've been there.
Old 06-10-2009, 09:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SASQUATCH
First Husband & Wife wheeling trip out together, had a blast on the beach, Lil Sassy never got stuck once on the dunes, but the 12 yr old daughter did, Mom let her drive a little on the sand and she didn't take the dune quite fast enough , took 3 rigs including mine to get her out! Lil Sassy even caught some dune jumping airtime, we had a blast.

First time she's had the top off/doors off
awesome jeeps & looks like a great day at the beach.

i really like your mirrors on the yellow JK. what kind are those?
Old 06-10-2009, 09:37 PM
JK Super Freak

That's awesome man...can't wait for me an the wife to go out wheeling
Old 06-10-2009, 09:50 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's awesome pictures....sounds like you are also, getting your daughter hooked on Jeep's and wheeling!!! Couldn't pick a better day with the sunshine, beach and ocean and enjoying some family time!!!! BTW....love your rig Sasquatch!!!
Old 06-10-2009, 11:45 PM
JK Newbie

Sasquatch, tell me about the rack that you have on yours? It looks great, and I'm trying to decide on one for my 2dr.
Old 06-11-2009, 02:43 AM
JK Jedi

Most excellent!
Old 06-11-2009, 06:32 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by AKJeeper
Sasquatch, tell me about the rack that you have on yours? It looks great, and I'm trying to decide on one for my 2dr.
Thanks, it's a GOBI Ranger rack, they also make a Stealth version with a lower bar for slimmer lights on the windshield bar. It's rated for 800 lbs stationary, 300 lbs traveling (standard on travel for rollover prevention), they white blast, zinc prime then powdercoat, couldn't find but one other company doing that. It has an optional weld-in front cage portion or lockable/removable for about $70-80 more, also has optional Hi-Lift lockable/removable mounts and the same for an axe/shovel combo. The rear ladder is a beast and comes in handy for packing the rack for camping, it swivels back out of the way for softop dropping, but you do nothing to remove your Freedop Top panels, there is enough room based on how they designed it.

Call and talk to Sandra, she's the best, and tell her Brett aka SASQUATCH sent you, tell her you need a SAS discount... They really do have great customer service, no shipping nonsense, free shipping to the lower 48. Mine made it here exactly when they said it would. They aren't a sponsor or I'd post their link, simple Google search and I pm'd you their link.

The only other comparable rack for the price after a year of searching was the Cargo Master CONGO rack, it was a runner up but I needed a little more room and liked this design better and I can use it with either top unlike the also beefy MBRP (think that's the name) that attaches to the hardtop only, way to limiting for my use.

Few closeup pics from the weekend.

Last edited by SASQUATCH; 06-11-2009 at 06:39 AM.
Old 06-11-2009, 07:25 AM
JK Freak

SASQUATCH,

You have a great eye for photo composition. I really enjoyed the shots, a couple of which reminded me of photos in tourist brochures.

Its been many years since I've been around Galveston (Gasoline was being rationed, Gilley's was still in business in Pasadena and yes, I did ride the bull).

Both JKs are very tastefully done and I think you know how fortunate you are to be able to enjoy all of this with your family. I am sure your daughter will remember this outing (and sticking Mom's Jeep) forever.

Thanks for sharing.

-meljr

Quick Reply: Both Rubi's hit the beach this weekend!