Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

was bored at work, so.................

Old 08-29-2009, 07:24 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Now the rest of the story.
Old 08-29-2009, 09:58 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by cpray
i decided to go do a little flexing.

I say it's a "Cash for Clunkers" trade-in that the guy decided to have some fun with since the trade-in cannot be sold except as scrap and motors must be destroyed. The Nissan in the background has the window sticker on it and in the other pic you see Nissans parked next to it with no tags. I agree with the others - pic is cool if a clunker, if not somebody would be getting hurt or digging in pockets to pay for damages not to mention probably looking for a new job.
Old 09-05-2009, 02:53 AM
JK Super Freak

What really is going on here!
Old 09-05-2009, 06:07 AM
JK Enthusiast

Definately agree with the cash for clunker theory. Local Ford Dealer has a lot of 50-60 cars labeled "clunker not for sale" (unfortunately including some jeeps). JeepNPR beat me to it though.
Old 09-05-2009, 06:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jeepnpr
I say it's a "Cash for Clunkers" trade-in that the guy decided to have some fun with since the trade-in cannot be sold except as scrap and motors must be destroyed. The Nissan in the background has the window sticker on it and in the other pic you see Nissans parked next to it with no tags. I agree with the others - pic is cool if a clunker, if not somebody would be getting hurt or digging in pockets to pay for damages not to mention probably looking for a new job.
Highly unlikey a cash for clunkers vehicle for two reasons, the car is EPA rated at over 18mpg and very likely has a retained value over $4500. It's already been established he probably works at a car dealer, most likely Nissan with all the unplated Altimas littered around. With regards to the pic(s) he's posted, until he decides to post up and clarify for us all what the deal is with the car he's parked on it's kind of pointless to speculate and fuel his ego.
Old 09-05-2009, 07:47 AM
JK Super Freak

Cash for Clunkers or not Cpray knows he was pulling everyone's leg, he's been posting in other areas since he started this one, and well he did mention in another thread he worked at a dealership. lol
Old 09-05-2009, 08:48 AM
JK Super Freak

that car isn't old enough to qualify for cash for clunkers... its a total
Old 09-05-2009, 11:46 AM
JK Enthusiast

i'm sorry guys, i thought this thread was dead.......yeah, the thing about it being a new employee's car was obviously a joke. when there were people who seemed to actually believe it, i figured what the hell.....may as well play along for a bit. it is a CASH FOR CLUNKERS car. it is a 2005 mazda rx-8 with only 52,000 miles that someone assed the engine up in by not changing the oil. car barely ran......kids dad was PISSED OFF!!!!!! had to settle for $4500 clunker trade in value.
Old 09-05-2009, 12:14 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by jkman77
why no dent in hood from the weigth of the jeep?
Helium in the tires???
Old 09-05-2009, 01:41 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by mkjeep
Got one of those ramps behind the car ,huh? Did you bring him a pic and did he go running out?
I think it's actually on it. Hood line is out of whack and the tire looks damn near on the hood.

Quick Reply: was bored at work, so.................