Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Body Wrap anyone?

Old 07-30-2009, 03:48 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We used body wraps all the time when I worked for the Richard Petty Driving Experience. They do NOT peel off easily! In fact when we change over a car to a new wrap you will get blisters on the tips of your fingers from taking it off! Once its on it on till you want to take it off! Now it's not stone chip proof or stain proof. Bug guts tend to stain it easily and will NOT come out. It is pretty hard to scratch through but if you do get a scratch more than likely it will not mess up the paint underneath. As for pin-striping from brush on the trail it will show up just like it does on the paint. If and when you do decide to take it off be prepared to be removing glue residue from the entire body and it's NOT fun. Finally if you get someone that does not know what their doing you will get bubbles everywhere and corners will tend to peal up after a short period of time.. So now you be the judge to get it or not...
Old 07-30-2009, 07:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When I first test-drove a JK, the dealer demo was wrapped in a jungle green mint-leaf wrap that had been used for a ? gum promo. My kids loved it! I ordered a black Jeep though. Something like a zebra stripe or urban camo would look keen.
Old 07-30-2009, 09:24 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Jedi Knight
So if you get a scratch will it peel the wrap off?
The vinyl they use is much more durable than paint.
Old 03-08-2012, 05:37 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Uvavi8r
I am thinking of getting a body wrap and turning my BLK Rubi into a flat black Rubi...anyone else done this on the forum...I thought I saw it once, and what did it cost you?
I did mine for about 2000 and it came out really nice
Old 03-08-2012, 05:38 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Uvavi8r
I am thinking of getting a body wrap and turning my BLK Rubi into a flat black Rubi...anyone else done this on the forum...I thought I saw it once, and what did it cost you?
Check out the pictures of mine

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3506972930.jpg
Views:	229
Size:	66.8 KB
ID:	286410

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2043407281.jpg
Views:	193
Size:	66.2 KB
ID:	286411
Old 03-08-2012, 05:59 AM
JK Enthusiast

Nice...flat black looks awesome. Do you think there would be copyright issues if I chose to do a wrap of a naked Scarlet Johansen?
Old 03-08-2012, 06:19 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Desert Snow
Nice...flat black looks awesome. Do you think there would be copyright issues if I chose to do a wrap of a naked Scarlet Johansen?

Quick Reply: Body Wrap anyone?