Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Body Lift vs. Budget Boost

Old 09-15-2009, 08:42 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Body Lift vs. Budget Boost

got a brand new 2009 2dr flame red jk. looking into lifting it a little, but not much ( money reasons)! i cuz has the 2.5" teraflex BB with 3/4" spacers and loves it but i've heard from come people that budget boosts can really mess up your drive shaft and screw you! teraflex also makes a 2.5" body lift for only $225 more then the BB. I need your guys opinion for this one! let me no!
Old 09-15-2009, 08:47 AM
JK Super Freak

Never heard of anything bad ever coming from a budget boost. Such a small lift will not affect the driveline. I do not like body lifts because they normally are very ugly. I would get the teraflex bb and add a spacer to level. If money is tight this IS the way to go.

<~~ proud supporter of teraflex products and can definately tell you that their quality is top notch.
Old 09-15-2009, 08:48 AM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think that body lifts should be used as a last resort to get a tad more clearance for your tires if needed. Not used instead of a suspension lift. Your Jeep will be fine with a BB. Only way you will have driveshaft problems is if you get longer shocks and have an automatic. Then when you disconnect your sway bar the longer shocks will let your driveshaft droop too much and then the boot on it will tear off. Lots of people are using BB's with no issues at all. You wont have any either.
Old 09-15-2009, 08:53 AM
JK Freak

Thanks, but i DO have an automatic jk and i have Rubicon shocks on my jeep. the TeraFlex ocmes with shocks too. should i just keep the Rubi shocks or replace them with the TeraFlex
Old 09-15-2009, 08:59 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by mattyhfd
Thanks, but i DO have an automatic jk and i have Rubicon shocks on my jeep. the TeraFlex ocmes with shocks too. should i just keep the Rubi shocks or replace them with the TeraFlex
Replace them I did and no problem for the two years I've had the lift. When you are at full flex just check if the boot is near the skid plate. If it is you may have to cut a notch out but I didn't.
Old 09-15-2009, 09:03 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by mattyhfd
You answered yourself... replace your rubi shocks with the tera ones
Old 09-15-2009, 09:12 AM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you can also get that kit with shock extensions if you want. The tera shocks and the rubi shocks are pretty close in ride. If you can afford to get the kit with shocks, get it. If not, the extensions are a good solution too.

Quick Reply: Body Lift vs. Budget Boost