Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Body Armor Front Bumper

Old 09-14-2011, 03:33 PM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If a few people can post some more pictures of the bumper i'll probably order it tonight.

Lets see some pictures please! I'd rather hit a deer with this bumper than my plastic one.
Old 09-14-2011, 04:16 PM
-

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry for the crappy cell pics but here you go.

Click image for larger version

Name:	photo.JPG
Views:	248
Size:	31.8 KB
ID:	210780Click image for larger version

Name:	photo1.JPG
Views:	260
Size:	32.8 KB
ID:	210781
Old 09-14-2011, 05:17 PM
JK Junkie

Looks awesome, do you have any pics of how you mounted your license plate?

Hows the quality/finish and how was the installation - about how long?
Old 09-14-2011, 05:42 PM
-

I'll try and take a pick of how I mounted the license plate when I get a chance. Long story short on that I just picked up some flat steel at one of those big brand home improvement stores, cut it drilled it and made a frame that I mounted to where the winch rollers would have mounted if I had a winch.

It was easy to install, there were two minor details and a tip for you on it. First I had to leave two of the lockwashers off (out of 8) as teh bolts were just ever so slightly to short. after I got the rest of teh bolts tight I likely could haver gone back and fit the two lock washers on but wasn't worht it to me. Second there are two long bolts that come in from the side with a spacer that provides some lateral stability. Not sure if you really need them but the factory holes on the jeep were about 1/4 inch off from allowing me to just plug and play. I sent a note to Body Armor to see if the bracket was maybe bent. He noted each year had those particular holes in slightly different places and to just grind it. I took 10 minutes with a dremel tool (could have used a drill or sawzall too I suppose) and widened the holes and it bolted right up. Now for the tip. I should have used loctite on the bar up front. I didn't tighten it down enough and now it is slightly loose. Nothing noticable, but at some point I'll be pulling it off adding some loctite and retorqing those bolts. Rookie mistake I guess. When I get a chance to take a pic of the lic. plate, I'll see if I can take a pic of where i had to grind as well to give you a better idea. Not trying to make it sound complicated it was still quite easy.
Old 09-14-2011, 05:59 PM
-

Here are some quick cell pics. Showing the plate mount I threw together, the area I had to grind (2 pics) and a pic of the finish after 6-7 months. It has held up well. I will say the only scratch in any of my body armor parts is a scratch I put in the rock rails during install. I can't exactly match color with rattle can but close enough that no one notices but me.Click image for larger version

Name:	photo2.JPG
Views:	193
Size:	34.4 KB
ID:	210810Click image for larger version

Name:	photo3.JPG
Views:	158
Size:	27.2 KB
ID:	210811Click image for larger version

Name:	photo5.JPG
Views:	162
Size:	39.4 KB
ID:	210812Click image for larger version

Name:	photo4.JPG
Views:	181
Size:	31.0 KB
ID:	210813

Hope this helps.
Old 09-15-2011, 03:56 AM
JK Junkie

Okay cool. I appreciate the time and pics taken for the explanation! it shouldn't be an issue.

Does it look like there's room for 37's when running this bumper?
Old 09-15-2011, 04:48 AM
-

Originally Posted by pontiac31
Winch mounts right to the bumper but I would recommend reinforcing it if you do any serious winching. Mine peeled up like a sardine can lid. Love the looks and can't beat the price. Mine is on 4wd.com's sight when you go into the bumper online. (they never did send me my gift card for the pics though)
Any pics of this or background on what you were doing when this happened? I have this bumper and haven't put a winch on it yet, but want to make sure I don't peel mine like you describe above.
Old 09-15-2011, 04:51 AM
-

Originally Posted by Yamaha90
Okay cool. I appreciate the time and pics taken for the explanation! it shouldn't be an issue.

Does it look like there's room for 37's when running this bumper?
I have 35's with 2.5 inch RC lift and could fit 37's. However, if I were to do that with only my 2.5 lift I would add some body lift before going off road to be safe. That would be more for the fenders than the bumper though, can't see the bumper being an issue.
Old 09-23-2011, 06:41 PM
JK Junkie

Got it in the other day and put it on yesterday!

Love it Love it Love it!
Old 09-23-2011, 07:13 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Yamaha90
Got it in the other day and put it on yesterday!

Love it Love it Love it!
Looks great!

Quick Reply: Body Armor Front Bumper