Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

"Blood Cherry" Build Thread

Old 01-04-2013, 08:31 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default "Blood Cherry" Build Thread

2012 JKU Deep Cherry Red: "Blood Cherry"

Background: I live in the North East, Metropolitan New York to be more specific. Wheeling around here comes with a drive, at least an hour, or two, in any direction. My Jeep, my daily driver, needs to reflect this... which is unfortunate. I'd love 37+ inch tires, lockers, 4 inch lift, and all that, but it's really just not in the cards. 35's are certainly not out of the question, but with the 3.21 gears, its a significant investment and with the amount I drive and local gas prices, i'm not excited about the lost MPG. So my build is 1/3 off road performance, 2/3 look, feel, and functionality to fit my life style.

Here she is, in the snow:

And here she is on my Birthday Cake!

You'll find my mods are basic, not too aggressive, but all geared towards the look and feel I'm going for.

Here are a few DIY projects I've done so far:

The DIY Grill mod with plasti-dipped Gutter Guard.

Then I added the tailgate assist magnetic bottle opener (amazon) - helps keep the caps in one place, you know... for the environment and stuff

Currently in the garage, and getting installed over the next few weekends are the following:

MBRP Front Light bar
2 Hella 500 Black Magic lights
Teraflex Leveling Kit (spacers)
Rugged Ridge A-Pillar w/ 4 Daystar Switches
Uniden Pro 510xl CB Radio w/ Firestick Antenna
Besttop Under Seat Lock Box
All weather mats
RR Corner Grab Handles
Roll Bar Grab Handles
13" off road antenna

The future build plan consists of:
Spidertrax Spacers (for a wider stance)
Black Wheels 15 or 16"
33 inch tires (prolly duratracs or MTR w/ Kevlar)
A pillar spot lights (not sure which ones yet)
Winch inside the stock front bumper
DIY Fender trim mod (still on the fence with this one)
and some armor for underneath, but that'll be much later.

So I don't expect the weekend warriors or anyone out west to be subscribed to this thread, but if you live in / near a city like me, and you wheel only a few times a year, and this is more your speed, feel free to subscribe and watch the evolution of the Blood Cherry JKU.
Old 01-04-2013, 01:22 PM
JK Junkie

The winter lager and beer opener best mod yet!
Old 01-04-2013, 01:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by red2010rubi
The winter lager and beer opener best mod yet!
Thx, I caught some flack when i posted it in another thread. Like somehow i was going to use my tailgate to open beers while I was driving. I dunno.. but it serves its purpose while camping / tailgating, and it keeps the caps from rolling under the jeep and getting left behind.
Old 01-04-2013, 02:28 PM
JK Newbie

I'm interested if you've purchased the Rugged Ridge A Pillar mount and the Daystar switches? I want to do the same thing, I like the A Pillar mount, but the I don't like the switches, the Daystars are much nicer (IMO).

Also, I like your build, I'm going down a similar path. I call it my "MALL-OPS" edition. LOL!!
Old 01-04-2013, 02:33 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Garyjk1
I'm interested if you've purchased the Rugged Ridge A Pillar mount and the Daystar switches? I want to do the same thing, I like the A Pillar mount, but the I don't like the switches, the Daystars are much nicer (IMO).

Also, I like your build, I'm going down a similar path. I call it my "MALL-OPS" edition. LOL!!
I mean to ask because I'm wondering about any fitment issues with the different switches. Sorry.
Old 01-04-2013, 03:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

No issues with fitting the Daystar switches, they look damn good too. Pics coming tomorrow

Quick Reply: "Blood Cherry" Build Thread