Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Black Key Hole

Old 08-14-2012, 03:20 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by VolsJeep

That sucks!!! I leaned mine up against a wall. I will be touching them up this weekend cause I had some spots I couldn't get, and there were a few spots that peeled away when I was pulling off the tape.
I had the same thing happen to mine too, just peel it back off and do it again. I pulled the tape away very slowly and at a steep angle away from the hinges and it worked a lot better
Old 08-14-2012, 03:23 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Was tape left over on the grill to match up the letters so they would be straight? I might have to do that this weekend.

I'm kind of the same way, but I can't root for LSU. I just can't. Unless it's a bowl game. That's the only time I will pull for them.
Yes, there was a little tape left. I used some WD40 to remove most of it, but there was just enough left to tell where they go back on.

Old 08-14-2012, 11:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I want to, but masking that seems pretty tough. How did you do that?

GBO!! How do you handle living around all those Gators?
No need to mask it just tape newspaper around it, leave a square with 2 inches each side and use a toothpick to remove it from between the letters. Worked good with mine, no residude left from the plastidip but do at least 5 coats.

Quick Reply: Black Key Hole