Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Black Key Hole

Old 08-06-2012, 04:38 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Two thumb up on this idea. Looks really good and the black does a great job of breaking up the door color.
Old 08-06-2012, 04:55 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Only pic I have of the locks painted. I scuffed lightly with sandpaper then rustoleum bedlined. Looks really nice in person...

Before

After

They are really simple to pull out so I did it that way, then cut little plus sign into cardboard box then slid locks into them. The polished lock part has a lip so it lays nice on box (sits like it does on door). Spray let dry and put back on .... Tired hopefully that made sense!

The square plate (landing block) that I painted as well (normally polished like lock) is part of the or-fab tire carrier
Old 08-06-2012, 05:00 AM
JK Freak

I have to be honest, when I first read the title of this thread I was like "really?"

But after seeing pictures of it..... yeah I may actually do this.
Old 08-06-2012, 10:07 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mrEman81
I plasti dipped mine along with the hinges. It really looks a lot better and breaks up the color a bit more.
Nice job, I think I will do my hinges and keyhole now too.
Old 08-06-2012, 01:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I did mine on my '07 with the same high temp paint I used on my muffler. Just taped them off and hit 'em with a few coats. Lasted several years without any issues with keyless entry. It's on my list to do again when I get time. I've plastidipped my wheels and did my grill last weekend, but I think I'm going back to paint for the key holes, since I know I won't ever want to reverse those.
Old 08-06-2012, 02:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by HogHoden
I did mine on my '07 with the same high temp paint I used on my muffler. Just taped them off and hit 'em with a few coats. Lasted several years without any issues with keyless entry. It's on my list to do again when I get time. I've plastidipped my wheels and did my grill last weekend, but I think I'm going back to paint for the key holes, since I know I won't ever want to reverse those.
If you're going to straight out paint it, would you recommend sanding it?
Old 08-06-2012, 03:10 PM
JK Junkie

Lightly scuff with sand paper but dont sand alot or you will have grooves in metal from sand paper and reg paint will show. Above you will see my bedlined ones and I lighty scuffed
Old 08-06-2012, 04:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Hskr4x4
Lightly scuff with sand paper but dont sand alot or you will have grooves in metal from sand paper and reg paint will show. Above you will see my bedlined ones and I lighty scuffed
I thought that looked like it was done with bedliner. How well does the key work with that layer of the liner?
Old 08-06-2012, 04:31 PM
JK Newbie

Looks great, wouldn't have thought of the hinges but I like them. I just painted my antenna with plasti dip, luv the stuff!
Old 08-06-2012, 04:35 PM
JK Jedi

I use Bedliner i use that stuff for everything haha

Quick Reply: Black Key Hole