Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Black JKs with black steelies

Old 01-17-2013, 06:32 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Black JKs with black steelies

This is a call out to all black JKs with black steelies. I'm considering going by this route to mount 35s on my JK. I want to make sure this is the look i'm looking for!
Old 01-17-2013, 07:09 AM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 133 Likes on 119 Posts

They are not steel, but I think it's probably close to what you're looking for. I was going the black steelie route myself till I noticed the weight of a 17" steel wheel. Alloy all the way.

Old 01-17-2013, 09:34 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by icrashbikes
They are not steel, but I think it's probably close to what you're looking for. I was going the black steelie route myself till I noticed the weight of a 17" steel wheel. Alloy all the way.
What brand are they? And if you dont mind me asking, were they expensive? The only reason why i'd like steelies over alloys is because they are cheaper if ever i need to replace on if it breaks on trail
Old 01-17-2013, 09:39 AM
JK Junkie

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Default dtd mb72 s here i love em not bad price either

Attachment 410473
Old 01-17-2013, 11:45 AM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 133 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by Nico4x4
What brand are they? And if you dont mind me asking, were they expensive? The only reason why i'd like steelies over alloys is because they are cheaper if ever i need to replace on if it breaks on trail
They are Level 8 Trackers. At a very reputable retailer: Level 8 Tracker custom rims

Also, I initially wanted steel wheels for the same reason. I ended up going with alloys because:

1. The price was not outrageous
2. This rig is my daily driver. The difference in mpg between a 66lb steel wheel and a 26lb alloy (5 of each, actually) over the thousands of miles that I drive is HUGE.
3. I have so much tire wrapped around that wheel that the risk of damage is really almost completely reduced to direct contact. Even then, for me, that risk is outweighed by the benefits of the lighter wheel.

Last edited by icrashbikes; 01-17-2013 at 11:51 AM.
Old 01-17-2013, 02:36 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by icrashbikes

They are Level 8 Trackers. At a very reputable retailer: Level 8 Tracker custom rims

Also, I initially wanted steel wheels for the same reason. I ended up going with alloys because:

1. The price was not outrageous
2. This rig is my daily driver. The difference in mpg between a 66lb steel wheel and a 26lb alloy (5 of each, actually) over the thousands of miles that I drive is HUGE.
3. I have so much tire wrapped around that wheel that the risk of damage is really almost completely reduced to direct contact. Even then, for me, that risk is outweighed by the benefits of the lighter wheel.
Whoa! Never considered their weight! Is it actually that big of a difference?

Quick Reply: Black JKs with black steelies