Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Bike rack, PICTURE REQUEST

Old 06-10-2008, 12:59 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb

I have this product, here is the installation video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RbnPiZPlBJE

It's a Thule spare mount bike rack, works great! You may have to purchase the adapter bar, I had to for both my mountain bikes. I use a 3' bike lock I got from walmart to lock it to the spare tire.

I too was annoyed but the fact that I would not be able to open the gate with a hitch mount, which is why I went with the spare mount.
Old 06-10-2008, 01:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

Feamey thanks for the response, i think that is excatly what i am looking for.

Would you mind sending me a pic of the rack with and without the bike mounted on it if that is not a problem.

Also what is the adaptor your talking about. What does it do. I will mostly be mounting my mt bike, but once in a while my road bike.

Thanks again

Chris.
Old 06-11-2008, 07:05 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by 4x4fn
Thanks for all of the reply's so far.

My only complaint with the hitch rack is that you can't open the back door, that is why i was thinking
of going with the tire rack...

Chris
Most of them have a drop down to allow the door to open some. There are some that have a hinge over on the side like a spare tire carrier bumper, they swing out of the way allowing the door to open completely.
Old 06-12-2008, 04:36 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Dr.McNinja
Most of them have a drop down to allow the door to open some. There are some that have a hinge over on the side like a spare tire carrier bumper, they swing out of the way allowing the door to open completely.
I have looked at the ones that swing out, i think thule makes one called the revolver, that would be my first choice for a hitch rack given the fact that I would like acces to the rear door but, unfortunitly it is way out of my price range.

I am alittle concerned about fitting my bike on a rack, there isnt much space between the top tube and the shock. How does everyoen else do it. Here is a pic of my bike....
Old 06-12-2008, 09:28 PM
JK Enthusiast

Old 06-12-2008, 10:11 PM
JK Newbie

has anybody tried this spare tire mount? it seems to have two mount options- one for larger tires. i had the thule "spare me" bike rack, but didn't fit my 33s.

http://www.bikerackshops.com/SAR999.html

Old 06-13-2008, 10:55 AM
JK Newbie

I'm running a XPORT Slipstream 4 from Performance Bike. It's a hitch mount, btu you can pull a pin on the bottom and it will pivot down about 45 degrees, which gives me enough room to open the gate about 40 - 45 degrees or so - which is enough for me to get most of the things that I'm after. I'm running standard Rubicon BFG's and the rack clears the spare with ease. It was about $130 or so. I ride a Kona Dawg Deluxe, which aren't exactly cheap either, and I'm not worried one bit about it being back there.

Here's a link:
http://www.performancebike.com/shop/...tegory_ID=4411
Old 06-13-2008, 05:10 PM
JK Super Freak

I went with an older hidden hitch fixed 3 bike rack -- hiddenhitch.com/fitguides/details.asp?ProdID=63126&dlr=0 but the one I have doesn't have the knob thing in the middle. I got it for security, because it can lock with a padlock, or other similar device. I like it. Sorry about the bad cell phone pic, but here it is

had it over a year, and no problems.

Last edited by zoomzoomjr; 06-13-2008 at 05:13 PM.
Old 06-13-2008, 07:45 PM
JK Newbie

i use the hollywood hitch rClick image for larger version

Name:	hollywood bike rack.jpg
Views:	558
Size:	5.0 KB
ID:	10020ack
Old 06-14-2008, 06:37 AM
JK Junkie

I like my bikes too much to let them bang against each other. I still love my T2.

Quick Reply: Bike rack, PICTURE REQUEST