Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

BFG All Terrain t/a 35's Pic Request!!!

Old 11-06-2008, 11:31 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My previous JK...
2.5 TF BB
1.5 Spidertrax
315/70/17 BFG AT

Old 11-06-2008, 01:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have a red rock unlimited with 315/70r17 BFG ATs. I'll try to post a picture when I get to the house. Stock wheels :( and they only measure out to be 33.5" tall, but they still look good.
Old 11-06-2008, 08:42 PM
JK Newbie

Default Mileage... Dont ask...

Moving up the 35" is, (in my opinion, the perfect look/size ratio for the JK) -
Though I opted for the MUD Toyo tires.. Just because I like the aggressive look and it doesn't really adversely effect the already Ho-hum millage......
With the Rubicon 31" tires I was averaging 16.5" MPG. with my 35" Toyo Mud tires and 4.88 gears, Im averaging 12.5 MPG. (And im a bit heavy on the local street driving, before I get to the dirt..) I wouldn't go to the 35" without changing the gears (else to much loss of tork..) -- otherwise, I'd be a complete slug on the road... with the 4.88's I actually get great starts and better shifting on the road... Off-road not much difference... Whats your focus? -

I'd attach a pic of my JK - but it's got MUDies on it...

MR.Luminosity
Old 11-07-2008, 06:56 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default gassss

Originally Posted by MrLuminosity
Moving up the 35" is, (in my opinion, the perfect look/size ratio for the JK) -
Though I opted for the MUD Toyo tires.. Just because I like the aggressive look and it doesn't really adversely effect the already Ho-hum millage......
With the Rubicon 31" tires I was averaging 16.5" MPG. with my 35" Toyo Mud tires and 4.88 gears, Im averaging 12.5 MPG. (And im a bit heavy on the local street driving, before I get to the dirt..) I wouldn't go to the 35" without changing the gears (else to much loss of tork..) -- otherwise, I'd be a complete slug on the road... with the 4.88's I actually get great starts and better shifting on the road... Off-road not much difference... Whats your focus? -

I'd attach a pic of my JK - but it's got MUDies on it...

MR.Luminosity

Yes I hear gas mileage with 35's, and 4.10's is really bad. Some guys are reporting it to be not SO bad, getting around 15 or 16 MPG, with the all terrain ta's... I thinking that your 35 inch toyo MT's are very heavy, much more heavy than that BFG All Terrain TA's and would make for worse gas mileage, and more power loss. However I'm sure all the 35's are bad.

I'm really just waiting for some selling pics of the all terrain ta's in 35's. For me its between 35 all terrain ta's or 33 KM2's. And I cant decide! lol
Old 11-07-2008, 06:56 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default pics

Originally Posted by Enteric
I have a red rock unlimited with 315/70r17 BFG ATs. I'll try to post a picture when I get to the house. Stock wheels :( and they only measure out to be 33.5" tall, but they still look good.
Any luck with pics yet!!!?
Old 11-07-2008, 06:58 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default wow!!!

Originally Posted by shredX
My previous JK...
2.5 TF BB
1.5 Spidertrax
315/70/17 BFG AT

WOW that looks reaaaaaalllly good.

How was your gas mileage, and power? What gears were you running?
would you have prefered 33's? and whats on you newer JK?
Old 11-07-2008, 10:33 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by JKFreek
WOW that looks reaaaaaalllly good.

How was your gas mileage, and power? What gears were you running?
would you have preferred 33's? and whats on you newer JK?
I had 4.10 with a 6spd. My cpu gas mileage read 16 mpg most of the time. I don't know how accurate that was with the larger tires. I can tell you that I had 33" BFG mud tires before the larger BFG AT's and the mileage went up with the larger tire but less resistance witht the AT tread.

My new JK is stock. I went from that white JK to a Commander Overland which I lifted and put on a set of BFG KM2's. Now I'm back in a Wrangler again and the wife is fed up with mods. I've had plenty of time to go back and forth and I think I will do this exact set up again.

Last edited by shredX; 11-07-2008 at 10:56 AM.
Old 11-07-2008, 11:27 AM
JK Enthusiast

Can't find the camera, but I'll try to hook up my ipod and get some pics off it. I think I have a few of the Jeep on there. As far as gas mileage, I get 18-19 at 60mph, and 15-16 around town. 4.10 gears btw. I did remove my muffler and take a hacksaw to the pipe under my seat to put a glasspack muffler, and I have the hypertech programmer, and a CAI. Those 3 seemed to give me back a mpg or 2. I like the sound of the glasspack, but only if you get the 24inch one. I heard a friends 2door with a shorter one (can't fit the 24 inch one under the 2 door I don't think) and it sounded a little ricey. The longer one has a deeper tone to it.
Old 11-07-2008, 02:56 PM
JK Enthusiast

hey i forgot about this thread. here you go.
these are my 35's when i first got them.
https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-show-tell-33/new-35-bfg-ts-eagle-alloys-and2-5-rough-country-installed-40880/
Old 11-07-2008, 04:14 PM
JK Freak

great pictures guys, I went to one of the dealers here in brandon today and I was looking at the all terrian and mud terrians KM2. For the mudders in 35 they were saying it would be $2200 with installtion and life time warrenty and a couple other little benefits. Now for the mudders is that a good price? and if i decided to go with the AT how much cheaper would it be and what all am I losing out with going with the all terrian?
TIA

Quick Reply: BFG All Terrain t/a 35's Pic Request!!!