Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Bestop Trektop Installed!!

Old 12-16-2008, 12:26 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

WHOO-HOO!! i just got my new top with channel bar and it looks like it's gonna be perfect! i'll try to post some pics as soon as i can.
Old 12-18-2008, 02:57 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Updated pictures yet?
Old 12-18-2008, 06:13 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

WOL get's all the new goodies
Old 12-18-2008, 06:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

I'm really torn now... I was originally just going to get the bestop safari top and duster but the you have to get the front channel and since i only have the hard top i would need to get the softtop door surrounds or rig something up to fill that gap... after all that for only a little more it seems I can get the trek top hm....

What about storing it though?? I like to drive around without a top up at all as much as possible and only put the top up when it rains, can the whole top be folded and stored in the trunk or anywhere??? or do you have to settle for rolling the top back and taking out the back window??

where's the best place to buy the trektop?
Old 12-19-2008, 08:14 AM
JK Enthusiast

Hm... still very torn... my biggest concern still is storing it... if i fold it all up i guess i can just throw it in the back but thats just open trunk so i still need some way to cover that area... I'm considering getting a Bestop Flexatrunk that would solve the storage issue but that would be another $400-$500...

hm... is there any kind of just cheap cover for the trunk area?? not toooo concerned about theft just want something to cover that area and keep it out of sight...

If i had the bestop duster over the trunk can you run the bestop Trektop on top of the duster or do would you have to take the duster off?

Last edited by DuDz40VT; 12-19-2008 at 08:19 AM.
Old 12-19-2008, 08:24 AM
JK-Forum Founder

amazingly, it had been raining here in socal and so i didn't get a chance to install the newly redesigned trektop but i did take a few pics of the channel bar and will post them shortly. as far as storing the top goes, i bought a big duffle bag and plan on just thowing the bundle in there, zipping it up and calling it a day
Old 12-19-2008, 08:40 AM
JK-Forum Founder

okay, here are a few shots of the new channel bar right out of the box....

as you can see here in this close up side shot, the channel uses end clips similar to the factory soft top to hold it in place and then has a c-channel to hold the window to it. this will allow you to open and close your rear tailgate without having to open up your window everytime.

of course, this is the way the old design worked. thank god that bestop is so good about listening to their customers and giving them what they want and as quickly as possible

last but not least, i opened up the main box to see what all new came with it and by the look of things, there are some new pieces.

i am very eager to get this thing on and will be sure to post more pics as soon as i can
Old 12-19-2008, 09:16 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I hope this is your project for the day. I want something to drool over when I get home from work...
Old 12-19-2008, 09:28 AM
Sponsoring Vendor
Off Road Evolution Rep

Originally Posted by wayoflife
amazingly, it had been raining here in socal and so i didn't get a chance to install the newly redesigned trektop but i did take a few pics of the channel bar and will post them shortly. as far as storing the top goes, i bought a big duffle bag and plan on just thowing the bundle in there, zipping it up and calling it a day
Did they by any chance send you my 2dr. Trektop?
Old 12-19-2008, 09:47 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Originally Posted by wayland1985
I hope this is your project for the day. I want something to drool over when I get home from work...
it's sunny out today so if i can find the time, i will work on it.

Originally Posted by serveapurpose
Did they by any chance send you my 2dr. Trektop?
LOL!! actually, this is the 2nd top they sent me. the first one was for a 2-door and i had to send it back

Quick Reply: Bestop Trektop Installed!!