Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Bestop Trektop Installed!!

Old 12-08-2008, 11:21 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

that's great news. can't wait to see the pics.
Old 12-12-2008, 05:12 PM
JK Newbie

those pics make me want to go out and buy the four door!

way sweet!!!
Old 12-12-2008, 05:21 PM
Sponsoring Vendor
Off Road Evolution Rep

Originally Posted by skruffy
those pics make me want to go out and buy the four door!

way sweet!!!
It's available for the 2dr. as well! I was hoping to get a prototype of the 2dr version.......
Old 12-13-2008, 12:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

yeah i talked myself out of the dual top too, mostly because i live in maine, and its only warm in late spring and summer...but i rode with the freedom top panels off all summer and im DYING TO GET THE WHOLE THING OFF! can't wait for the pictures.
Old 12-13-2008, 12:51 PM
JK Super Freak

That is awesome. Looks like an easy up and down system.
Old 12-16-2008, 12:33 AM
JK Newbie

Default Improved Trektop?

Hi W.O.L, have you received and fitted the upgraded trektop with all the previously mentioned modifications yet? I am in the UK and with all the good weather we experience I am contemplating purchasing one.
Old 12-16-2008, 06:48 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks really good. Added to my MOD list. I'm quickly coming to the realization that the hard top for me is completely unnecessary
Old 12-16-2008, 07:00 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by army433
Hi W.O.L, have you received and fitted the upgraded trektop with all the previously mentioned modifications yet? I am in the UK and with all the good weather we experience I am contemplating purchasing one.
it should be getting it today. i will keep everyone posted.
Old 12-16-2008, 07:31 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by wranglerV8
WOL,
Have you compared it to Offroad Heroes? If so,how does it compare?
only by pics and from what i can tell, the other company still uses velcro to secure the rear window to the tailgate and being that their top comes in two separate sections, it isn't 100% sealed like the trektop or a factory soft top. i also would think that the external quarter panel straps would make a lot of noise in the wind. but, again, my experience of that top is limited to what i can see. of course, the biggest reason for me to go with a bestop is because of who they are and the reputation that they have.

The other manufacturer in question is believed to be a Canadian based company called Californiatops. This conclusion was determined by doing research online and by what the author of this post eventually stated in his post here.

Californiatops is a company that has a long history of questionable business practices and they have been banned from eBay and PayPal. This has been documented by the Ripoff Report and can be verified by doing a simple Google search or a search on forums such as JeepsUnlimited.com and RubiconOwners.com. More recently, a member here had purchased a thermal liner from this company while they were still going under the name coloradojeepman and his experience with them can be found here.

I have personally tried contacting this company to acquire a phone number and/or physical address for their stated location in Florida just in case the information I had about them was erroneous and my inquiries were met with hostility and my questions went unanswered. Needless to say, it is our opinion that this company has questionable business practices and would advise against purchasing any of their products.
Old 12-16-2008, 07:39 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good looking top I have been looking into the trektop for a while now the price is right and i like the fastback look... might have to throw that on when the weather gets nice again late spring... love the white as well wish I had found a white one with all the options i wanted when i bought mine but when all is said and done I love my Red Rock....

Quick Reply: Bestop Trektop Installed!!