Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Bestop Trektop Installed!!

Old 11-07-2008, 09:42 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JMP8562
got any pictures of the back where it secures to the gate thanks
It just velcros on. You need to run a strip on the outside of the gate. I would have thought they could think of something better for this part.
Old 11-07-2008, 09:45 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by wayoflife
now, i know there have been a lot of you who find the biggest flaw in this top to be the use of velcro to hold the rear window in place as opposed to using a channel bar. and, to that i'm happy to say that after a long discussion with bestop here at SEMA, they will now go back and try to find a way to address this short-comming. when they do, i think this will really be one of the best soft top options available on the market today
I can't wait to see what they come up with. This has been my main thing holding me back from picking this up.
Old 11-07-2008, 09:47 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by mike79
if they make it to where this top attaches to the tailgate bar them i am sold. i just tore up the header bar for my bikini top and dont really want to invest anymore money on something that doesnt seal from door to door with buying the mopar door surrounds. good stuff.
and, as i mentioned, this is something that they will be working on now.

Originally Posted by Littlejon
It just velcros on. You need to run a strip on the outside of the gate. I would have thought they could think of something better for this part.
yes, the current version of this top just velcros onto the tailgate. this was done in an effort to have as few hard parts as possible so when you took the top off, you could bundle it up and pack it away nicely and without taking too much space. however, bestop is aware of the desire for a rear channel bar and they will be working on a new version to accomodate this.
Old 11-12-2008, 11:45 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

keep me posted if you guys hear anything about Bestop modifying the Trektop. I tried to get an ETA from Bestop's customer service and was told that no modifications would be made in the future. hopefully we will hear something on here. i rrrreeeeaaaalllllyyyyy want this top. i wish i hadn't talked myself out of getting the dual top option.
Old 11-12-2008, 01:51 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Originally Posted by mike79
keep me posted if you guys hear anything about Bestop modifying the Trektop. I tried to get an ETA from Bestop's customer service and was told that no modifications would be made in the future. hopefully we will hear something on here. i rrrreeeeaaaalllllyyyyy want this top. i wish i hadn't talked myself out of getting the dual top option.
i talked to their senior engineer at sema and was assured they would be looking into a redesign of the rear window and will add a cross bar. i will keep you posted with updates.
Old 11-28-2008, 01:53 PM
JK Freak

Eddie - looking great! Job isn't too secure right now and I've been working my a$$ off since the financial crisis took place (haven't been on here in awhile), but as soon as everything settles I'll be picking up some sliders and this top. Probably as soon as they address the velcro!

For the person who said $590 is a lot of $$$, really it's not and well within the appropriate price range.

I'm curious, how come the use of a zipper as opposed to velcro is avoided and never mentioned? Why is it velcro or a channel?
Old 11-29-2008, 08:23 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Originally Posted by Newtybar
Eddie - looking great! Job isn't too secure right now and I've been working my a$$ off since the financial crisis took place (haven't been on here in awhile), but as soon as everything settles I'll be picking up some sliders and this top. Probably as soon as they address the velcro!

For the person who said $590 is a lot of $$$, really it's not and well within the appropriate price range.

I'm curious, how come the use of a zipper as opposed to velcro is avoided and never mentioned? Why is it velcro or a channel?
i'm sorry to hear about the insecurity in your job right now. i do hope that things do settle down for you soon.

regarding the top, i am looking forward to seeing the change in the way the back window gets secured to the tailgate as well. as far as zippers go, are you referring to it in regards to the the tailgate as well?
Old 11-29-2008, 11:04 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by wayoflife
i'm sorry to hear about the insecurity in your job right now. i do hope that things do settle down for you soon.

regarding the top, i am looking forward to seeing the change in the way the back window gets secured to the tailgate as well. as far as zippers go, are you referring to it in regards to the the tailgate as well?
will they be addressing a cross bar as well? if They do this I will be picking one up for my summer top!
Old 11-29-2008, 01:17 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Originally Posted by 07Rubi2dr
will they be addressing a cross bar as well? if They do this I will be picking one up for my summer top!
yes, that's what i was told at sema
Old 12-08-2008, 09:01 AM
JK-Forum Founder

hey everyone, i just wanted to let you all know that i just heard from bestop and their engineers finally finished the development of new trektop WITH rear tailgate bar!!

i should be getting a prototype this week and i will be sure to post pics of it once it is installed!!

Quick Reply: Bestop Trektop Installed!!