Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Bestop Trektop Installed!!

Old 10-23-2008, 04:29 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by wayoflife
Yup, super easy to install.

for the most part, yes. however, there are new low profile door surrounds that you need to install and the top wraps around it at the doors. this allows you to have a tight seal when the doors are closed and this keeps the elements out. in fact, with the top on and doors closed, it's just like having a soft top on and is even quite inside.
Does it come with the door surrounds. Was looking at this and pondering on getting it for a soft top for next spring to fall.
Old 10-24-2008, 05:39 PM
JK Super Freak

So, how come nobody has pointed out the giant gorilla in the room?
This top, from everything I can see, is almost identical to the top that SONIC bought from those "guys" who are banned from this forum. I mean, down to the velcro, and the metal parts. So, do you think they sold their idea? Woudn't they be pursuing, oh, patent infringement (if they had a patent, that is)?
Either way, I bet it wouldn't be hard at all to put a normal tailgate bar on this. I mean, really, if they won't sell a duster that doesn't use the bar, but won't sell a top that does?
Strange.
Old 11-06-2008, 05:38 PM
JK Super Freak

Wow, killed the thread. Hmm.
Old 11-06-2008, 06:19 PM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Dr.McNinja
Wow, killed the thread. Hmm.
Nope, unlike the blacklisted company, Bestop has improved their quality and design of their top based on customer feedback. If you look at WOL's SEMA show coverage galleries, the Bestop Jeep has an improved version with some improved straps and a better fit. Unlike a shady business practice, when Bestop receives complaints, they halt production, make changes and improve their product. Then they retrofit or assist the customers that had quality issues. They halted the Element uppers for problems as well as the 2-piece soft doors. I am sure that a company like Bestop will make their products right after they hear of problems.
Old 11-06-2008, 06:59 PM
JK Freak

got any pictures of the back where it secures to the gate thanks
Old 11-06-2008, 07:12 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by armycop
Nope, unlike the blacklisted company, Bestop has improved their quality and design of their top based on customer feedback. If you look at WOL's SEMA show coverage galleries, the Bestop Jeep has an improved version with some improved straps and a better fit. Unlike a shady business practice, when Bestop receives complaints, they halt production, make changes and improve their product. Then they retrofit or assist the customers that had quality issues. They halted the Element uppers for problems as well as the 2-piece soft doors. I am sure that a company like Bestop will make their products right after they hear of problems.
DO YOU HAVE THEIR TOP HAVE YOU EVER USED THEIR TOP HAVE YOU EVER DELT WITH THE BL CO maybe i was lucky i have their top no problems with fit and finish B U T $775 was the only take-it-up-A_ _
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	047.jpg
Views:	551
Size:	99.8 KB
ID:	15243  
Old 11-06-2008, 08:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

looks real sharp..add to my x mas list
Old 11-06-2008, 09:01 PM
JK Freak

looks great I think I will have to get one for the spring
Old 11-07-2008, 07:18 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

first off, the other top and company in question IS NOT blacklisted. if they were, NO mention of them would be allowed directly or indirectly - period. that being said, we do make it a point to let others know of who we believe them to really be based on research we have done and do so in an effort to protect our members. but, ultimately, you are free to do with your money and your jeep as you will. that being said, i would like to ask that you please refrain from any further discussion of them as this thread was not started to discuss them or their products.

BACK ON TOPIC

i spent a long time speaking with the senior engineer/designer of bestop here at SEMA and shared with him the all the concerns i have read on this forum as well as some of the improvements i thought they could make as well. and, i am very happy to inform you that they have been listening and have already made a lot of improvements. the biggest improvements they've already made have been to the header and additional support straps. with these additions, the top now has a crown that will help water to run off as opposed to pooling up in a down pour. another benefit of the extra support straps is that it will allow you to tighten everything up to give the top a nice wave/wrinkle free formed fit and the rear straps will also allow you to fold up the rear side windows and run your top as a safari top. the top they had at SEMA was absolutely taught and looked fantastic.

i think it is also important to note that when installed, this top COMPLETELY seals the cabin of your jeep (i.e. tight fit around the doors) and enough so that if you were to turn on your AC, the top would puff up a bit just like a factory soft top. in other words, when driving with this top on, it's a lot more quite inside that you would think. maybe not as much as a factory top but pretty damn close.

now, i know there have been a lot of you who find the biggest flaw in this top to be the use of velcro to hold the rear window in place as opposed to using a channel bar. and, to that i'm happy to say that after a long discussion with bestop here at SEMA, they will now go back and try to find a way to address this short-comming. when they do, i think this will really be one of the best soft top options available on the market today

Last edited by wayoflife; 11-07-2008 at 07:22 AM.
Old 11-07-2008, 07:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

if they make it to where this top attaches to the tailgate bar them i am sold. i just tore up the header bar for my bikini top and dont really want to invest anymore money on something that doesnt seal from door to door with buying the mopar door surrounds. good stuff.

Quick Reply: Bestop Trektop Installed!!