Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Bestop Trektop Installed!!

Old 10-22-2008, 12:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

that top looks awesome.
Old 10-22-2008, 12:53 PM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Zuse bow...

Would this work under that top? I saw this on another thread and may buy one for my Bestop Trail cover.

Old 10-22-2008, 01:06 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Littlejon
I think that it is hard to get the top as taut without the bows as it is with the bows, however in time even with the bows the top starts to sag, loosen up, and get stretched out in time producing a similar result. The thing that most people like about this top though it the price, and the fact that there are no bows because it allows quick and easy removal.
exactly

Originally Posted by Laughingstok
Hold a water hose over it for a while and let us know.
LOL!! maybe after SEMA i'll give that a try.
Old 10-22-2008, 01:08 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Originally Posted by armycop
Would this work under that top? I saw this on another thread and may buy one for my Bestop Trail cover.

yes, it would

Originally Posted by Mall Krawler
how easy is it to put down?
very easy and once off, you can bundle it up nice and small. you will of course still have the door surrounds in place but they fit the lines of your doors exactly and are pretty much invisible. also, you will still have to deal with the header and that's kind of big but i might do what rubimon did with his bikini header and that was to cut it in half.
Old 10-22-2008, 01:15 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by armycop

I have the 4 door kit of the zuse bows. You'll have to cut them to size as they are designed for the 'wagon trail' top and sit way too high in stock form. I bought them to stop some flapping after i modded my softtop, turning it to permanent safari.

It works great, stopping all flapping.

They cut easy using a jig saw with metal blade. I also trimmed the rear to fit up closer to the speakers by cutting one half of each cup off and sliding it up tight to the speaker. Otherwise, the rear one sets pretty far back and no where near in the middle of the rear span between the frames of the softtop.

I have one pic of the rear bow in this thread (in the gallery link).
https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-show-tell-33/newbie-plenty-diy-mods-stubby-windjammer-top-w-pics-53368/

RB
Old 10-22-2008, 03:15 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by saskipper
I love the look, but won't be buying one. Including yours, I haven't seen one yet that looks like it fits. Your windows are all wrinkled, and your windshield frame is taller than the top. Also, wrapping straps around the factory roof-mounted speaker box is hardly a proper way to install a soft top.
If I didn't have the stock soft top, I would probably buy this, and might when mine fails in a few years.
However, the windshield frame is the tallest part of the Jeep. Always. The only way to make it all even would be, as mentioned, to have bows all across. I don't know that it would have made it any better looking, but it would mean you couldn't store it in the back like you can this one. The wrinkled windows thing is a bit iffy as well, but my stocker doesn't allow me to hide all the velcro either.

The only unforgiveable sin is that they don't have a tailgate bar option. I wouldn't want to put the velcro strip on my tailgate, if only because velcro will always fail at some point.
Old 10-22-2008, 05:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Trektop

That Top looks great, have not seen that style yet, price for the 2dr not bad.
Old 10-23-2008, 05:15 AM
JK Enthusiast

[QUOTE]The only unforgiveable sin is that they don't have a tailgate bar option. I wouldn't want to put the velcro strip on my tailgate, if only because velcro will always fail at some point

I agree that velcro may not be the best solution here but how would you propose using a tailgate bar? I mean, wouldn't that be a "hard" attachment? Not sure how you could open the tailgate with the top on without ripping the crap out of the whole thing
Old 10-23-2008, 05:50 AM
JK-Forum Founder

while some kind of rear window bar would have been nice, i find that the velcro isn't as bad as i thought it would be and all you need to do is lift it open before you can open your tailgate.
Old 10-23-2008, 07:49 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by BIGG
I agree that velcro may not be the best solution here but how would you propose using a tailgate bar? I mean, wouldn't that be a "hard" attachment? Not sure how you could open the tailgate with the top on without ripping the crap out of the whole thing
Like the normal soft top. Bar doesn't move with tailgate.

Quick Reply: Bestop Trektop Installed!!