Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Bestop Trektop Installed!!

Old 10-21-2008, 07:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I love the look, but won't be buying one. Including yours, I haven't seen one yet that looks like it fits. Your windows are all wrinkled, and your windshield frame is taller than the top. Also, wrapping straps around the factory roof-mounted speaker box is hardly a proper way to install a soft top.

It was nothing less than retarded to make this top bowless. Bestop should have made an OE style top (surround, bows, latches, sunrider, etc) with the slant back look. It would have cost more, but I would have been first in line to buy it. This cheaper top was a huge disappointment to me.

I'm sure bestop will take the "that's good enough" approach and never redesign the top either. That's unfortunate, and I don't really see any other company actually developing a quality slant-back soft top.
Old 10-21-2008, 08:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks very sharp
Old 10-21-2008, 09:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Nice!

Very nice but $ $ $

Hey, WOL; when did you installed a Rockhard 4x4 sports cage?
Old 10-22-2008, 04:01 AM
JK Enthusiast

Looks really great - enjoy
Old 10-22-2008, 11:05 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by rampage
Very nice but $ $ $

Hey, WOL; when did you installed a Rockhard 4x4 sports cage?
just a few weeks back - just before expo
Old 10-22-2008, 11:08 AM
JK Super Freak

those look friggin cool, something about the angled rollcage on the 4-drs that just impress me.
Old 10-22-2008, 11:11 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by saskipper
I love the look, but won't be buying one. Including yours, I haven't seen one yet that looks like it fits. Your windows are all wrinkled, and your windshield frame is taller than the top. Also, wrapping straps around the factory roof-mounted speaker box is hardly a proper way to install a soft top.

It was nothing less than retarded to make this top bowless. Bestop should have made an OE style top (surround, bows, latches, sunrider, etc) with the slant back look. It would have cost more, but I would have been first in line to buy it. This cheaper top was a huge disappointment to me.

I'm sure bestop will take the "that's good enough" approach and never redesign the top either. That's unfortunate, and I don't really see any other company actually developing a quality slant-back soft top.
Man are you being negative

I think you miss the point of this top! It's quick and simple.

There are other compan(ies) that make a formal slant back... Study up before you start bitchin'!
Old 10-22-2008, 11:21 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Sgt P
There are other compan(ies) that make a formal slant back... Study up before you start bitchin'!
I have seen two other, please let me know if there are more.

The two I have seen:

One is a soft top very similar to the bestop, in that it is bowless and rolls forward. From what little I have seen of it, the fit leaves much to be desired. I wish I could remember the brand.

The second I have seen is a hard top. Again, I don't remember the brand. That one is awesome looking (style AND quality). Too bad it's a hard top. I prefer to be able to install and remove by myself. Also, we have no need for hard tops in Louisiana, as it's never cold here.

Again, I love the slant back look. The first time I saw a 4-door Jeep I said Jeep should have made them that way from the factory. I was looking forward to the aftermarket bringing that missed option to us, but they missed the mark big time. They chose to bring a less expensive product to the table instead of a superior quality product.
Old 10-22-2008, 11:56 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think that it is hard to get the top as taut without the bows as it is with the bows, however in time even with the bows the top starts to sag, loosen up, and get stretched out in time producing a similar result. The thing that most people like about this top though it the price, and the fact that there are no bows because it allows quick and easy removal.
Old 10-22-2008, 12:08 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by wayoflife
well, being that we rarely see rain here in socal, it might be a while before i can test it out for leaks
Hold a water hose over it for a while and let us know.

Quick Reply: Bestop Trektop Installed!!