Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Bestop Trektop Installed!!

Old 10-03-2010, 01:24 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just got one from a local sale for a great price so I just installed it. It fits great and snug. I didnt have directions so I made the mistake of not securing the rear sail panels first and it was a B*%$#.

Well see when it rains but I love the look of it. I will try and get pics sometime
Old 10-04-2010, 12:43 PM
JK Newbie

opening the tailgate is not a problem. it comes with a tailgate bar. I have put it on twice now and easier, first time did not have it centered, but still getting some wind noise at header. I had it on with doors off and rear window out. It like a nice bikini top except nicer with door surrounds to keep rain out
Originally Posted by jerseyjeepgurl
Is there anyway that you could post pictures of the top on your Rig? I really want one, but have been waiting for the new design. Also, when you open the tailgate, do you need to undo whatever the Trek Top is attached to on the tailgate before you open it up? I'm afraid that I will end up ripping something off of the top if I forget to release whatever they have on the top, that attached to the tailgate. (I hope that I'm making sense - it seems that they had a velcro strip that needed to be released from the tailgate before you could open up the tailgate, and many had that strip ripped off, when they opened up the gate).

thanks
JJG
Old 05-08-2011, 06:51 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When is the new version coming out??????????????
Old 05-13-2011, 01:33 PM
JK Freak

New Trektop NX on at Moab EJS2011
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2314225174.jpg
Views:	554
Size:	59.4 KB
ID:	159985   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3425744366.jpg
Views:	599
Size:	66.5 KB
ID:	159986   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-249661922.jpg
Views:	588
Size:	69.5 KB
ID:	159987  
Old 05-13-2011, 05:52 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by jctnt1
New Trektop NX on at Moab EJS2011
When did you get the trektop nx?

Does it only open over the first row....?

Tell us about it, Please! There are a lot of us that have ordered this thing months ago only to find it delayed time and time again.

Does the top roll back still?

Thanks in advance!!!
Old 05-14-2011, 10:02 AM
JK Freak

The Bestop Trektop NX is made of the same top grade material you find in their full soft top (cable top).
This new version has a bow system that help it stay snug and prevent any wind flap, etc. This top is awesome, no harsh wind noise and can go through a car wash without leaks. The top folds back same as the newer full tops using the sweet channel rail and latch set up. You simply unlatch the two windshield channel latches and fold it back. I ran all trails and obstacles in Moab thinking that the top, folded back, would unfold itself on steep drops, but it held back nice and no rattles either. The rear glass is a slide in through the top and zip up sides, I am using the same "over gate rail" I use with the regular soft top. The rear glass side panels come off easy leaving a stand alone safari top with the rear also removed. So this top can be used in multiple configurations. What is really sweet, is that in the "safari" configuration, you can still fold back the front section, unlike my standard bikini. It does come with it's own door surrounds too. Hope this helps.
Old 05-14-2011, 05:36 PM
JK Freak

The Bestop Trektop NX is made of the same top grade material you find in their full soft top (cable top).
This new version has a bow system that help it stay snug and prevent any wind flap, etc. This top is awesome, no harsh wind noise and can go through a car wash without leaks. The top folds back same as the newer full tops using the sweet channel rail and latch set up. You simply unlatch the two windshield channel latches and fold it back. I ran all trails and obstacles in Moab thinking that the top, folded back, would unfold itself on steep drops, but it held back nice and no rattles either. The rear glass is a slide in through the top and zip up sides, I am using the same "over gate rail" I use with the regular soft top. The rear glass side panels come off easy leaving a stand alone safari top with the rear also removed. So this top can be used in multiple configurations. What is really sweet, is that in the "safari" configuration, you can still fold back the front section, unlike my standard bikini. It does come with it's own door surrounds too. Hope this helps.
It does help a lot, there is one big question.... Can you still roll the top back like you could on the original?
And how hard is it to just take the top off all of the way?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2715400235.jpg
Views:	376
Size:	33.0 KB
ID:	160332  
Old 05-14-2011, 06:08 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Halas
It does help a lot, there is one big question.... Can you still roll the top back like you could on the original?
And how hard is it to just take the top off all of the way?
The top is new to me and I am not familiar to the "older" version.
This top does not "roll" back as the picture you have. This top "folds" the
front half back the same as the standard full soft top.
This top is more of a full functioning top than a bowless slip over style.
With the rear and side glass out you end up with a sturdy
safari top.
Old 05-14-2011, 06:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

The top is new to me and I am not familiar to the "older" version.
This top does not "roll" back as the picture you have. This top "folds" the
front half back the same as the standard full soft top.
This top is more of a full functioning top than a bowless slip over style.
With the rear and side glass out you end up with a sturdy
safari top.
What is the process for running topless with the new NX?
Old 05-17-2011, 06:04 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Voodoo11

What is the process for running topless with the new NX?
Great question.

With a reg soft top it folds up and lays behind the roll-bar.

What is the full process with this?

From on to fully off?

Would love to see a bunch of real life shots of this in use. The ones out there (bestop vids) focus on the 2 door and do not address topless.

I know everybody's time is limited, but I know many of us are on the fence right now and would be VERY grateful :-)

Quick Reply: Bestop Trektop Installed!!