Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Bestop Trektop Installed!!

Old 09-09-2010, 03:36 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

looks good on your jeep not sure about on a stocker though.
Old 09-11-2010, 06:43 PM
JK Newbie

Default Trektop x 3

Well, I've got to hand it to Bestop customer service. Mine was out of the one year warranty by a few weeks and they still approved a replacement. I had to send pictures of the fitment for proof. They will ship me my third top as soon as they make enough new ones. Hopefully it will cover the rear door surrounds better than the second version did. Stay tuned...
Old 09-12-2010, 03:38 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Theres almost as many jk's with trek tops as factory tops, Jeep should make it standard.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	JK Front bumper 006..jpg
Views:	360
Size:	99.2 KB
ID:	88328   Click image for larger version

Name:	JK Front bumper 005..jpg
Views:	356
Size:	97.7 KB
ID:	88329   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rubi with trek top 2.jpg
Views:	358
Size:	96.3 KB
ID:	88332   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rubi with trek top 1.jpg
Views:	340
Size:	96.7 KB
ID:	88333   Click image for larger version

Name:	April 5 2009 trektop 002.jpg
Views:	424
Size:	96.5 KB
ID:	88334  

Old 09-24-2010, 04:12 AM
JK Newbie

I put mine on in less than an hour first time. Wanted to note that new design comes with tailgate bar with C hoop for rear window and is no longer velcro. Rear window is fine even at 70 mph.
Old 09-24-2010, 04:16 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

and what do you think about it... i am so tepmpted to buy one of these but it is about 50/50 on love/hates when it comes to peoples experiences
Old 09-24-2010, 06:13 AM
JK Freak

Default Pictures???

Originally Posted by todjamie
I put mine on in less than an hour first time. Wanted to note that new design comes with tailgate bar with C hoop for rear window and is no longer velcro. Rear window is fine even at 70 mph.
Is there anyway that you could post pictures of the top on your Rig? I really want one, but have been waiting for the new design. Also, when you open the tailgate, do you need to undo whatever the Trek Top is attached to on the tailgate before you open it up? I'm afraid that I will end up ripping something off of the top if I forget to release whatever they have on the top, that attached to the tailgate. (I hope that I'm making sense - it seems that they had a velcro strip that needed to be released from the tailgate before you could open up the tailgate, and many had that strip ripped off, when they opened up the gate).

thanks
JJG
Old 09-25-2010, 07:06 PM
JK Newbie

Default Can you run this top on the 4 door with the doors off?

I pretty much never have the doors on except for winter. I put the top up if it rains but usually keep the doors off half of the year. Anyone know if this will work alright with doors off?

Last edited by F Five; 09-26-2010 at 11:40 PM.
Old 09-26-2010, 04:43 AM
JK Enthusiast

alright..i posted before that i was wasn't impressed with this top. TAKE IT ALL BACK! Once you get used to getting the fit right, its so easy to use. I haven't had a leak since the 2nd time i had it up..i usually just take the whole thing off with a nice stretch of weather, and i can put it back on in 10 minutes flat..with no rushing, and never any leaks. i get A LOT of people coming up to me and asking about it, and they always seem to tell me how badass it looks. if you haven't picked one up and you've been pondering it, get it!
Old 10-03-2010, 07:29 AM
JK Enthusiast

I've been debating buying the same top. How easy is it to go topless? I know it's suppose to expose the front and rear cab but does it fold all the way down or does it need to be removed? Really looks good!
Old 10-03-2010, 01:14 PM
JK Freak

Default The windows get scratched and marred?

I myself have been interested in the Trek Top.....NOT too happy that it's a BESTOP product, (sorry but the customer service BLOWS, in the breeze, big time,,,just ask me about my WONDERFUL set of Soft doors). Anyway, if this top comes off in one piece, how long before the windows look like they have been, ran thru a gravel pit. I have scratches on my back window, just from ROLLING it up and attaching it to the elastic retainers. The scratches, are pretty bad,,, and I can probably say that, the window has only been rolled up, on a hand full of occasions.
So, MY big question, would be, how do the windows stay decent if you take it off, and the windows stay in? In what way can you possibly protect them, from getting marred up? Is there a storage bag of some sort, with a felt type "window roll" material to protect the permanent windows in this top? Otherwise, I can see having to replace the ENTIRE top, again, because you simply cannot see out the side windows anymore.
Is anybody having issues with the windows getting scratched up?

Thanks,
JJG

Quick Reply: Bestop Trektop Installed!!