Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Bestop Trektop Installed!!

Old 07-20-2010, 12:57 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

okay..posted this in another thread but i want everybody to know...so the trektop is installed as perfect as i could get it..none of the surrounds are bent or anything. but i looked at my rear driver's side door, and the weatherstripping on the top left corner of the door is ripped, from where the door surrounds come together..its put on correctly and its not bent..why the hell does this shit always happen to me? a tiny bit of the paint also was rubbed off of the door and you can tell it hits there right before it closes..im considering sending it back..
Old 07-20-2010, 02:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by saharastyle1354
mine was in the 90's today baking in the sun before i installed it..the hardest part to get on was the rear window..holy SHIT!
ah yes the rear window plagues me as well, It is a total pain in the ass..
Old 07-20-2010, 03:45 PM
JK Super Freak

That's too bad about all the problems....I was going to pull the trigger and buy one...but looks like I'll be doing something else instead.
Old 07-20-2010, 04:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by saharastyle1354
okay..posted this in another thread but i want everybody to know...so the trektop is installed as perfect as i could get it..none of the surrounds are bent or anything. but i looked at my rear driver's side door, and the weatherstripping on the top left corner of the door is ripped, from where the door surrounds come together..its put on correctly and its not bent..why the hell does this shit always happen to me? a tiny bit of the paint also was rubbed off of the door and you can tell it hits there right before it closes..im considering sending it back..
I truly am sorry to hear about the trouble.

I wanted to get a Trek, I really love the idea/concept, but after reading posts on the forum, and even about the latest ones, I just couldn't do it. It is just an awesome idea, executed poorly.

Everybody has to do what works for them, but FWIW the 2010 Mopar soft top is really nice (bought mine after the fact).

I am about to stick the Bestop Duster under it for even more versatility.

Either way if the 2010 top is within your reach, IMHO I would look into returning the Trek, and pulling the trigger on one.

Look here and on Craig's/eBay... either way IMHO get the 2010 one (cable, no plastic tucking).

If you go new, my dealer sold me mine for ~$1200 vs. the $1500+ @ list. I am in NH, so it's not that far if you can't find that deal in ME.

Good luck
-wsn
Old 07-20-2010, 06:06 PM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Gent's, the Trektop requires some fiddling around with adjustments to get it to seal and fit well. It's important to get the header on first. Also, do not roll it into the bed rails until after you have installed and fully zipped the rear window. Do it in any other order (especially when new, before it stretches out), and the window will be more of a struggle.

When installing the header, make sure you apply forward pressure against the header seal as you tighten the screws. If you don't do that, you will find water leaking in at the corner of the header, running along the inside of the surround loop and dripping on the door sill and arm rest. Make sure you pull the cross strap as tight as possible.

It took me a few weeks to figure out how to get the best weather seal on the top. Last night, we had a severe t-storm, which dumped 2" of rain in less than an hour. Not one drop got into my Jeep.
Old 07-31-2010, 06:14 AM
JK Newbie

Default Re: Trektop Installed

Hey guys, I've been reading these posts as I patiently waited for my Trektop to arrive. This is my first Jeep, and I'll admit I'm not all that good with putting things together but this was a very smooth install. I took my time and I think that's the most important part. I let the top sit out in the sun yesterday for about 3 hours prior to starting. From me opening up the toolbox to finishing up was about an hour (again this was taking my time and double checking everything especially the header and making sure it was centered properly. It puffs up when the AC comes on and it passed the hose test immediately after install and the car wash test this morning. This top is great for us FreedomToppers just have the patience to do it right!
Old 08-09-2010, 05:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

Put my Trektop on this week and I love the look of it.... The back window was a pain to install, but other than that I like it so far..
Old 08-09-2010, 05:45 PM
JK Newbie

Looks great on your Rig! love this top.
Old 09-04-2010, 12:04 PM
777jeep

Cool wheels

hey nice trektop you ot there how many inch tires are those?
Old 09-09-2010, 02:47 AM
JK Freak

Default Flexatrunk,,,Go for it! (sorry for the hijack)

Originally Posted by DuDz40VT
Hm... still very torn... my biggest concern still is storing it... if i fold it all up i guess i can just throw it in the back but thats just open trunk so i still need some way to cover that area... I'm considering getting a Bestop Flexatrunk that would solve the storage issue but that would be another $400-$500...

hm... is there any kind of just cheap cover for the trunk area?? not toooo concerned about theft just want something to cover that area and keep it out of sight...

If i had the bestop duster over the trunk can you run the bestop Trektop on top of the duster or do would you have to take the duster off?
I have the Flexatrunk in my 2 door, and absolutely LOVE it.
Just be PREPARED, the directions SUCK! But, the fact that you can adjust it to a little small trunk just for the use with the seat, is great. But, since I don't have the seat, we use it in the middle position. This way, I can get my two pups in the back, and still have my valuables locked up. And let me tell you, when the top and doors are off, having that trunk MAKES the JEEP~ Plus, if you don't need the trunk at all, you can slide out all of the three inserts, and then the entire back is open once again. You can even store the panels in the jeep if needed, and make the adjustment on the fly as needed.

I also went to the hardware store and got an extra set of HUGE washers, and a screw, so I can easily switch to the smaller trunk. Because those screws, you DO NOT have enough room to stick you hand down in the wheel well to get that other screw. So if you set it up to begin with for a smaller trunk for the switch to start with. So, if you get one, go to the hardware store, and get TWO sets of the screws and big washers and get them set up, before the install. Using silicone spray on the slider AND the edge will help a lot. do not tighten ANY of them into place until you are sure that the trunk is square. You WILL need to pre-drill a pilot hole for the screws on the sides. The carpet will create "wraps around the screws", not allowing them to get secure into the sides of the trunk space.

Amazon was the best price, I got it in 24 hours, and the piece of mind was WORTH every penny. I look to my Flexa trunk , Spiderweb shade top and the soft doors, as the BEST gift that I ever given myself and my Jeep. Next stop --- Trek Top! I just hope that its as easy as folks say that it is!

JJG

Last edited by jerseyjeepgurl; 09-02-2015 at 04:36 PM.

Quick Reply: Bestop Trektop Installed!!