Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Bestop Trektop Installed!!

Old 09-10-2009, 11:10 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Flapper

OK, we just got back from a 10 hour drive last weekend.
The top wants to unhook at the rear windows one at a time.
I can never get the passenger side completely connected in the back.
The hotter it gets, the better it stretches. I guess I could move further south. Then it would fit perfectly.
Old 09-10-2009, 12:33 PM
JK Super Freak

One thing to note, as with any top, the trek top looks alot better off than on.....

corey d
Old 09-10-2009, 12:59 PM
JK Enthusiast

I love mine I've had it for 3months and mostly top either completly off or rolled all the way back. I just have the rear window with the zipper and it works great. I can put it completely off or on by myself in less than 5 minutes so for me it's great no downsides really at all.
Old 09-10-2009, 08:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

That looks great!!! Now I want one...
Old 09-11-2009, 09:09 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by gordhunt
I love mine I've had it for 3months and mostly top either completly off or rolled all the way back. I just have the rear window with the zipper and it works great. I can put it completely off or on by myself in less than 5 minutes so for me it's great no downsides really at all.
I guess not using the j-hooks or the tailgate bar helps you put it on or off easily.

I share one of my trials in this post with a few pics.

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...0&postcount=49

I like the rolling method and stored it in the back on a trip to the beach over the long weekend. I would like to thank Stupidface for suggesting this . But I am still not liking the putting back on activity. I do not like sliding the rear window into the j-hooks and do not approve of the zipper either . The clamps come off easy once but become a PITA another time. I pray that Bestop change their design on the rear window. I can live with the other drawbacks. But if they are listening I would request them to change the way the sides attach around the door surrounds.

I think its a great top for the price, so decided to retain it. If Bestop can fine tune it further I will the hardest and do a .

Last edited by Jpster; 09-11-2009 at 09:13 PM.
Old 09-15-2009, 01:55 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by EATJEEP
OK, we just got back from a 10 hour drive last weekend.
The top wants to unhook at the rear windows one at a time.
I can never get the passenger side completely connected in the back.
The hotter it gets, the better it stretches. I guess I could move further south. Then it would fit perfectly.
We have this same issue... plan on taking a pic and sending to Bestop for them to fix yet another problem. We couldn't get it to work even in 105+ degree heat unfortunately. However yesterday, while putting the top back on after having it off for a couple weeks, I tried something different. I attached both rear passenger corners (the small corner pieces) first. Before the header or anything else was attched, and surprisingly it seemed to work. Have only driven it a short distance so far, but it's definitely secured better then it has ever been before. Will report back later to see if this is an adequate fix. Of course, we shouldn't have to do this in the first place -- I think they just simply stitched that area too narrow and left too much fabric in the middle to billow up while driving putting a lot of strain on the velcro.
Old 09-29-2009, 11:25 AM
JK Super Freak

So have all the kinks been worked out with this? The new ones comes with a tailgate bar and the seam has been fixed? I've been waiting to pull the trigger on this for a while now, but really want the reassurance that I will be happy with my purchase.

I think the factory soft top is mediocre at best, both my tensiong straps have broken just form normal wear and tear.
And I'm sick of it leaking like crazy. Yesterday, there was mild rain and I go out to find water running all down the the insides of my windows and my seat soaking wet. Not just a little wet mind you, soaked. I've lived with this leak a while now, but am fed up. And there's no way i'm taking it to the dealer, I am out of warranty and don't want them to tell me what I already know, that I need a new soft top.

So is the TrekTop my best bet? I love the look of it and the functionality of it being frameless. I just need a bit more input. Thanks to all.
Old 09-30-2009, 08:56 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by weaver1371
Does anyone using the Trektop have this type Hi lift mount? I'm thinking of getting it, but I'm not sure if it will work with the top.
How about just flipping the brackets so the jack is on the inner part of the sport bar? That should give you the clearance for the top.
Old 09-30-2009, 05:56 PM
JK Super Freak

bump for some answers...

Originally Posted by joneszj
So have all the kinks been worked out with this? The new ones comes with a tailgate bar and the seam has been fixed? I've been waiting to pull the trigger on this for a while now, but really want the reassurance that I will be happy with my purchase.

I think the factory soft top is mediocre at best, both my tensiong straps have broken just form normal wear and tear.
And I'm sick of it leaking like crazy. Yesterday, there was mild rain and I go out to find water running all down the the insides of my windows and my seat soaking wet. Not just a little wet mind you, soaked. I've lived with this leak a while now, but am fed up. And there's no way i'm taking it to the dealer, I am out of warranty and don't want them to tell me what I already know, that I need a new soft top.

So is the TrekTop my best bet? I love the look of it and the functionality of it being frameless. I just need a bit more input. Thanks to all.
Old 09-30-2009, 10:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by joneszj
bump for some answers...
I think at the end of the day it comes down your personal preference. I have one and love mine. I am however more swayed by the style and design so I would say I'm biased vs. the same old soft top of the last 30 years.

I have the newer Trektop and have found two issues:

1- Wind noise at the corners of the doors (easily fixed for $9 worth of weatherstrip)
2- Leaking if the header is not affixed correctly against the windshield (it's got to be nice and tight against the seal)

Other than that, I am very pleased with everything else about the Trektop.

Quick Reply: Bestop Trektop Installed!!