Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Bestop Trektop Installed!!

Old 10-01-2008, 11:04 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by HITMONEY
It all started when the header came out of the box in the shape of a Boomerang and went quickly down hill from there.
yeah, i would have just returned it right then and there as it was clearly damaged.

How do you like the C-Channel back window??? Easy to use??
ummm, it was super easy to use and so far as i can tell, there are no problems with it.

You think the hardware was adequate quality?
actually, yeah. i mean, there were just a few nuts and bolts - can't see how you can screw that up. the header seemed to be well made, easy to assemble and a good fit. as far as the door surrounds go, they worked out great as well.

Man... I must have got a prototype... I haven't smiled as big since the day I returned mine.
maybe. again, after reading what you said about yours, i was about to give up on the whole idea of going this route but in all honesty, my experience was nowhere close to what you described. i just read the easy to follow and well illustrated directions and it literally was that easy to install.

Originally Posted by jfreeddo
so I'm assuming that it would be alot easier with this top vs the OEM sunrider to switch back and forth between soft and hard top when our weather around here changes.

I have hard top only and am looking at soft top, but would like the easiest/fastest one to be able to switch between soft and hard tops.
actually, i have a factory soft top and never thought it was difficult to install or remove. likewise, this top isn't either and if all you have is a hard top, i think you will be happy with this.
Old 10-01-2008, 11:08 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Originally Posted by BIGG
Hey WAYOFLIFE, any chance you've heard that there may be a "bow" added to this setup?

Reason I ask is also from previous posts and the fact the it just looks like water would pool on top and cause sagging.

Other than this, I think it may be the route I take. Just waiting it out a little more to see if any newer revisions come out.
i had not heard of this but now that you mention it, i suppose water pooling on top is a possibility due to its shape when installed. essentially, it acts like a cab cover and from experience, they have this problem as well.
Old 10-01-2008, 01:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

does it flap in the wind? It just doesnt look tight.

Calvin
Old 10-01-2008, 01:25 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Originally Posted by CKimbrow
does it flap in the wind? It just doesnt look tight.

Calvin
actually, it is very tight but in all fairness, i do have a rock hard sport cage and up front, the top sits very close to the center bars. on the highway and with the windows open, there is enough suctions that the top does make contact with the bars. however, that is the only thing remotely close to a "flap" and with the windows closed or even better, with the air on, there is absolutely no tap, flap or otherwise and if i didn't have the rock hard cage, i wouldn't have anything at all.
Old 10-01-2008, 01:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Nice! this is on my list...

When is my bank account going to outweigh my list????
Old 10-01-2008, 02:00 PM
JK Super Freak

looks great I have been thinking about getting this
Old 10-01-2008, 03:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

any chance you can post a pic of the surrounds?

I have a soft top and just recently figured out that it's pretty simple to get the surrounds off (this due to replacing them because of damage, something i could have avoided had I taken them off in the 1st place).

How hard is it to remove the surrounds on this? Just enough to where there isn't anything sticking out asking for a tree to take hold of
Old 10-01-2008, 03:59 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Would you say this is a good all-year-round top for all of us (Read: Snow... rain... wind...)?

Or is it more of a seasonal type of deal? This may be a good alternative to the factory top....
Old 10-20-2008, 11:05 AM
JK Super Freak

OK I'm defiantely getting this now!
Old 10-20-2008, 02:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

Nice JK you got there love the tire carrier and the top

Quick Reply: Bestop Trektop Installed!!