Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Bestop Trektop Installed!!

Old 07-22-2009, 08:32 AM
HRT
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I purchased my top through Quadratec. When I decided I could not live with the seam leaking that bad I contacted Besttop. They first said to contact Quadratec but minutes later said hold on we will handle this. It took a month to get although the tops were in the process of being revised. I cannot not say nothing bad about Besttops customer service, they have been great. Now I hope the new top will live up to what I think it should.

Guys with the new top. Do not get frustrated with the rear window. I did and it sucks. What you have to do is start both zippers. Zip down 6" or so then slide your hands inside and slide it into the tops channel. After a couple beers one night camping I was ready to burn the entire freaking Jeep to the ground being so frustrated trying to get the F'n back window in.
Old 07-22-2009, 12:40 PM
JK Super Freak

I agree with HRT, best top has great customer service.

corey d
Old 07-22-2009, 06:38 PM
JK Newbie

Anyone know if the ones at Quadratec are the "new design"? They show that they're discounted at $571 plus shipping.

I just emailed both Quadratec and Bestop, but I guess I'm impatient.

I just want a summer top and I'll put my hard top back on in November, so I just want one that doesn't leak. Whether it holds in heat or sags under the weight of snow doesn't matter to me.
Old 07-22-2009, 08:04 PM
JK Freak

Even if the design is greatly improved over the last major POS, I would not order another Bestop product just on their horrendous lack of customer service and form letter emails. Took mine back to OK4WD for store credit....
Old 07-23-2009, 12:18 PM
HRT
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by bcrouse
I ordered mine May 25th...just got notifed yesterday that it finally shipped. Its should arrive tomorrow (OH -> PA). After waiting almost 8 weeks...I hope its a new design.....

Hopefully ill have a bit of time to install and post some comments.

-Ben

It should be the newest. That is about the time when I was told a couple weeks. They were testing the new design around the end of May. I think you will be happy you waited it out for the new design.
Old 07-23-2009, 12:21 PM
HRT
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by SI-Jeeper08
Anyone know if the ones at Quadratec are the "new design"? They show that they're discounted at $571 plus shipping.

I just emailed both Quadratec and Bestop, but I guess I'm impatient.

I just want a summer top and I'll put my hard top back on in November, so I just want one that doesn't leak. Whether it holds in heat or sags under the weight of snow doesn't matter to me.

I highly doubt it, not yet. But I am just speculating on that. Everyone on here with the new design is just now getting them. A company having them stocked up already would surprise me.
Old 07-24-2009, 09:13 AM
JK Newbie

I just received my shipment direct from Bestop. I talked to Quadratec and they received new ones on the 21st of this month so there stock should be the new
design. Mine was on back order from Quadratec so I now they were out of stock prior to the 21st.
Old 07-24-2009, 11:05 AM
JK Newbie

Looks good!!
Old 07-25-2009, 08:55 AM
JK Newbie

I received the new Trektop and did the install last night. The install went well about 40 minutes. A couple of issues wtih the install. Bestop does not provide enough washers as you need two for each of the bolts that attach the door surrounds to the stock roll bar. Another words the hole in the bar is to large in diameter so the nut side needs a washer as well in order to tighten it. No big deal as I have plenty of washers.
Bestop needs to do a better job reviewing their instructions. Step 7 tells you to intall the rear window and start the zippers.
Step 9 tells you to remove the rear window from the box, lay it flat to install the tail gate retainer. Little hard to do since you already installed the window in step 7. Once again no big deal as you can install it after the window is installed. I will send Bestop an email about these minor issues.

Test drive. The top fits very tight, no flapping at all . No idea on water leaks yet although it looks like they have tried to address this issue.
My only problem is the wind noise coming from the driver and passenger side header area. The header seems to be sealed ok ie no gap. It could be coming from the area where the front doors seal at the top corner.
I would appreciate any help from those who have installed this top and have reduced if not eliminated this noise.
Old 07-25-2009, 02:04 PM
JK Freak

Wish it wasn't so expensive. Looks great though!

Quick Reply: Bestop Trektop Installed!!