Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Bestop Trektop Installed!!

Old 07-10-2009, 04:32 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by STUPIDFACE
I just finally opened the new version that they sent me. Everything is in there. It also has the tail gate bar. The original one they sent didnt have the tail gate bar. Now i have 2 trek tops. I think i might make the original version into a safari top or somthing. May also bring the original to an upholstery shop and get some tension straps sewn in the fron to stop the puffing. Or i may sell it. Mah, i wish i would have opened that up sooner......i feel pretty good.

corey d
Some people have all the luck. I just got my top in from JCW and it's the old version, no tailgate bar... after they told me three times it was the new version. They need to change the product ID for the new version. I'm calling Bestop.
Old 07-18-2009, 05:36 AM
JK Enthusiast

I got mine in a few weeks ago and it was the old version, I called Bestop and they are sending out a new version to replace it. Too bad its on national back-order for who know how long. I hope the new version doesn't leak at the seams like this one does.
Old 07-18-2009, 08:53 PM
JK Super Freak

I installed the new version this week. Man, its 10 times better than the old version. There are a couple of things different. It has the tension strap in the front, but not in the back. The old one has a something like a tension strap in the back. Also, the velcro pocket in the back for the support bar is not velcro on the new one. Its just a loop on each side that the bar fits in, works good though. The rear window is totally different on the new one. Instead of velcro at the bottom, it has a rubber rib that slides into the tail gate bar and when its installed theres no huge opening at the bottom corners like the old one had. Unlike the old version, the new one has the tail gate bar. I also like that you can open the tail gate without having to rip 3 feet of velcro loose. The new one is definitely 100% better.

corey d

Last edited by STUPIDFACE; 07-18-2009 at 08:55 PM.
Old 07-20-2009, 05:32 AM
JK Newbie

Does the new version have anything along top edge of doors to divert water from running into the doors? I have a good bit of runoff coming through where the top of my doors seal against the top and had heard they working on something for that as well.
Old 07-21-2009, 05:51 AM
HRT
JK Newbie

yes it does. I just recieved my new one to replace my existing one which is leaking in the middle seam. I have not pulled it out of the box although I did open it and pull out a corner to see were the have added more material with a sewn in piece along the edge and looks to be a bit wider.
Old 07-21-2009, 04:30 PM
JK Freak

how easy is it to put the top down?
Old 07-21-2009, 05:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

I hope they come off back order soon so I can check out the new version.
Old 07-21-2009, 07:20 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by LedZepp877
how easy is it to put the top down?
Aint no put'n the top down. You have to take it off, but its not that hard. Probably takes about 5 minutes to take off and maybe 10 minutes or less to put it back on.

corey d
Old 07-21-2009, 10:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

I just installed my Trektop on my two door today. Looks pretty good. Drove around in a light rain with no leaks so far. I am going to seal up the back seam, noticed light showing through a couple of thread holes. Not a big deal.

For those of you that have this already. When you take it off, how are you folding it up and storing it? Don't want to ruin the windows.

I really like the big side windows compared to the small windows of the hard top too.

Like others I am getting a little wind noise from the sides of the header but not too bad. May play with it later once the top is settled in better.

The new rear window sure is a tight fit when trying to attach the tailgate bar! Bout had to hang on it to get the outside clips to hook on the back of the Jeep.

So far I like it.
Old 07-22-2009, 06:14 AM
JK Newbie

Default Daddy, why is it raining inside the Jeep?

Trektop #2 is in the mail. JC Whitney wants the old one back after I get the replacement. (Probably so they can resell it to the next guy) I had a pinhole in the rear window of the first one. It rained lightly all night last night and I had 1/2" of water in the rear footwell from the seam leaking at the door. I put plastic bags over my headrest screens to keep from ruining them, I hope. JCW said the new one will be the same older velcro version. I wonder how much they are willing to spend on shipping before this is all said and done. Fedex must really like these guys.

Quick Reply: Bestop Trektop Installed!!